STAR TREK 2d20

Item Creation from Books (usually magic)

I have a question about the thought process when books are converted from physical to FG.

Most of the magic items that are in many of the books, while described fairly well in their text, are not generally usable in FG without first figuring out how to create them in FGU. We are not able to drag the items as they are listed in the content onto a characters inventory so it can be used.

Take this is an item from the Lost Omens Gods and Magic book as an example:

If a character were to find this and wanted to use it as a weapon, I would have to figure out how to create a +3 Greater Striking Greater Flaming Holy Meteor Hammer, which, I am sorry to say, is not particularly easy to do in FGU. Thank the gods for extensions like GM Enhancements and its Rune Forge (+1 to dsaraujo). Without extensions like that I could never hope to create something like that from scratch and get it right.

So, my question is, why are items like this and many, many others not already created so they are just drag and drop when the books are converted? There is so much other automation in the game and that, in particular, is why we use tools like FGU to run our games both online and in person.

This question is not meant as a criticism, although it definitely could be read that way, as I appreciate and support (monetarily) what all the folks who convert this content over so we can play.

PS: I did go back and use the GM Enhancements and its Rune Forge to create the weapon:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stargrove; February 25th, 2023 at 16:37. Reason: added created item

This has been something that's been outstanding for a while now. With the addition of actions to items in Release 19 we'll be able to properly handle most treasures from Chapter 11 of the Core Rules, and other products, better. It'll take us a while to convert items over, but this should be much better at some point in the future.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you sir. I look forward to the capabilities that Release 19 will bring.

Thread Information