5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

5E Character Wizard Overview and bug reports

If you come across any issues with the character wizard, please report them in this thread. Please mention any steps that you took to arrive at the error with as much detail as possible.

For a video overview of the character wizard see here https://youtu.be/bpjwIDX-I3k
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; February 24th, 2023 at 10:56.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Really like the new look of the character wizard. Dropdowns for sources of classes, races, etc is fantastic.

I am hoping you can clear some things up about the Abilities tab please -

1) When using the Dice Roll/Manual Entry option - is the intent for the player to manually add die rolls and then have the Character Wizard apply bonuses, or for the player to use the override box to input the total of a number manually rolled outside of FGU + manually calculated bonuses? If the former, there does not seem to be way to add just the die rolls. When using the override boxes, the racial bonuses etc. are not being added to the number in the override box. If the latter, does that mean the player will have to track all subsequent bonuses (ASI, feats, etc) manually as well?

sc1.png

2) The manual overrides made in the Abilities tab do not seem to be applied to the character when it is saved (using the same overrides as the screenshot above).

-- after hitting commit, the final save screen does not reflect the number that was entered in the override box in the abilities tab

sc2.png

-- after hitting "save" in the final save screen, the character sheet also does not reflect the number that was entered in the override box in the abilities tab

sc3.png
    Last edited by 666gametime; February 24th, 2023 at 14:55. Reason: edited to hopefully clarify the behavior

It's intended that if you are manually rolling dice outside FGU that you use the override. You would have to manually add in the racial bonuses since as you say the override ignores everything.

I can replicate the fact that the over ride is not carried into the summary or the character sheet. I'm sure Dominic will be on that as soon as he sees this.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I just made some CW adjustments for better theming support, and @superteddy57 provided a fix for the attribute override. I've pushed these changes as part of a hot fix.

Regards,
    JPG

This is a downgrade from the previous version of the Character Wizard. I am highly disappointed and dissatisfied with the new version of the character wizard.

1. I have the expectation if I want to enter my dice rolls manually, something you could do in the previous version, that I can enter them under the "Base" section. Not the override section, not the misc section with the values modified to account for the bloody 10s. Like you could in the Base section of the previous version. This above all is unacceptable to me. This is something that is allowed in roll20 and D&D Beyond. If I was judging on whether to purchase a license for this and spend as much money as I have on this, this alone would be a no-go.

2. The race selection also feels like a downgrade from the previous version of the character wizard, seriously. It was so clean in the previous version. now I have to go page by page to browse all the races? This might just be a preference, unlike the dice manual entry which should have been given.

3. Under the Class tab, when I increase the level beyond 1, it starts adding duplicates, triplicates, and way more of the class features. So far I've only tried this with Sorcerer.

To replicate:
    1. Select Sorcerer
    2. Select Devine Soul as the Sorcerous Origin
    3. increase the level from 1 to (choose a number)
    4. observe Divin Magic and Favored by the Gods is added again with each level increase

Screenshot 2023-02-25 145101.png

Really overall this just felt like a downgrade from the previous character wizard. It's not as clean, it feels clunky, and is just irratating.

Thanks for the feedback. I will add that duplication to my list to investigate.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Found an issue: The Intelligence Misc box is disabled.
    When attempting to enter a value into the Intelligence Misc box it doesn't highlight it. Nor does it remain highlighted when you click on the box. Attempting to enter a value into the field fails.
    intelligence_misc_field_disabled.png

Steps to repro:
    1. Start Character Wizard
    2. Navigate to Abilities tab
    3. Hover over Intelligence Misc field: result field is not highlighted
    4. Click on the Intelligence Misc field: result field does not highlight
    5. Enter a value after clicking the Intelligence Misc field: result no value is entered into the field

Equipment Class Kit plus/minus sign does not change when clicked, does not expand category
    Equipment Class Kit plus/minus sign does not change when the category heading for Class Kit is clicked. clicking the head does expand the section.

Steps to repro:
    1. Start Character Wizard
    2. Fill out Race, Class, Abilities, Background (I clicked Sage background)
    3. Navigate to the Equipment Tab
    4. click "Select Starting Kit": observe the plus sign in shown with the class kit section expanded
    5. Select Choice #1 (Shortbow), Choice #2 (Crystal), and Choice #3 (Dungeoneer's pack): plus sign still shown
    6. Click plus sign: plus sign changes to minus sign, class kit category remains open
    7. Click minus sign: minus sign changes to plus sign, class kit category remains open
    8. Click Category heading (any where clickable that doesn't click the + or -): category expands and collapses as expected, +/- signs do not change based on expanding and collapsing the category

character_wizard_equipment_classkit_category_heading_uncollapsed.png character_wizard_equipment_classkit_category_moreless_uncollapsed.png character_wizard_equipment_classkit_category_moreless_collapsed.png

One thing to note, the plus/minus sign does seem to open and close Background Kit and Add Items categories when clicked. However the plus/minus sign does not change when clicking the heading Background Kit or Add Items.

Thanks for the report. I was able to locate the issue and will be available with the next round of updates.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Character Wizard - Backgrounds with optional skills issue

FYI, I've found an issue with the wizard when adding the following backgrounds (they all involve a skill choice from a limited list of options):
    Cloistered Scholar:
    History is selected ok, but the 2nd skill dropdown is blank.
    Faction Agent:
    Insight is not automatically given as the first skill, and there are a total of 4 skill option dropdowns (should only be 2).
    Inheritor:
    Survival is selected ok, but there are 3 extra skill dropdowns (should only be one). They all display every skill rather than being linited to Arcana, History and Religion.
    Knight of the Order:
    Persuasion is selected ok, but the 2nd skill dropdown is blank.
    Urban Bounty Hunter:
    Has 4 skill dropdowns (should only be 2). All skills are listed in each dropdown, rather than being limited to Deception, Insight, Persuasion and Stealth.

Regards,
    Phil Niven

Thread Information