5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 13 of 13 First ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadpig921 View Post
    Good day

Game: DND 5e
    Adventure: Sleeping Dragon's Wake
    Addons: Clear Dead, Friend Zone

During the last level up. the two players who had assets from Xanathar's Guide kept getting an error when trying to level up. All of the other players had no issue. I checked and we all had Xanathar's installed and loaded, I made everyone unload and reload the book and rebooted the program. Still no ability to level up. Both PCs are multiclassed if that makes a difference.

The error we are getting is:
    Unable to import. Unable to open class record(s) not loaded.
    'Warlock' - (DD Xanathar's Guide to Everything Players)

I just tried to create a new character using the character creator using Xanathar's hexblade subclass and it created a character no issue during creation and during level up.

Please advise.
    When I updated Xanathar I chamged the way archetypes work to follow the new method (that is the specializations are in their own window class); therefore I think that will confuse the character wizard. You can still level up however via drag and drop.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Roadpig921 View Post
    Good day

Game: DND 5e
    Adventure: Sleeping Dragon's Wake
    Addons: Clear Dead, Friend Zone

During the last level up. the two players who had assets from Xanathar's Guide kept getting an error when trying to level up. All of the other players had no issue. I checked and we all had Xanathar's installed and loaded, I made everyone unload and reload the book and rebooted the program. Still no ability to level up. Both PCs are multiclassed if that makes a difference.

The error we are getting is:
    Unable to import. Unable to open class record(s) not loaded.
    'Warlock' - (DD Xanathar's Guide to Everything Players)

I just tried to create a new character using the character creator using Xanathar's hexblade subclass and it created a character no issue during creation and during level up.

Please advise.
    Can you post a copy of any character that is experiencing this prior to attempting to level up? I need it for testing for new code to fix this issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I was able to see where the problem may be. I have pushed a fix for review and should be available with the next ruleset update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

The update @superteddy57 mentioned is now in the patch system. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG

I may have overlooked if this already exists, but if not it would be useful to have a summary of expected behavior/known issues broken down by selection box (Race, Class, etc) so the end user doesn't have to read through this thread to see if what they're experiencing is a bug.

For example:

Class
    • "There is not mechanism at this time to provide other spell lists based on archetype chosen. It's based on the base class."

Abilities
    • "It's intended that if you are manually rolling dice outside FGU that you use the override."

• Adding feats which increase ability scores is not reflected here and must be added manually.

Misc
    • "There is no mechanism to setup choices for actions to placed in the actions tab. At the moment it provides all of them instead of none."
    Last edited by adminwheel3; April 20th, 2024 at 18:25.

No, there is no list as the feature gets adjusted over time and not in it's final form. It may go through another iteration after this next dev cycle and that list would be moot.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adminwheel3 View Post
    I may have overlooked if this already exists, but if not it would be useful to have a summary of expected behavior/known issues broken down by selection box (Race, Class, etc) so the end user doesn't have to read through this thread to see if what they're experiencing is a bug.
    Agree it would be useful. But maintaining such would be tedious, time consuming and a poor use of developer time. My experience shows that once a user gets used to things, it becomes pretty apparent what is there etc. But if a user like me or you wanted to put this together and maintain it, It would happily be stickied on the forums.

My approach is after creating a character or leveling, I first review what shows up in the chat as having been added to the character. Make sure any automation or changes are done the way I want them to be done (such as adding actions, altering scores, etc.). Then go through the abilities tab and make sure everything there is complete as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

With an evolving ruleset, Fantasy Grounds changes, extensions update, and user preferences vary, there is no good way to maintain such an active or current list, or even detailed instructions. By the time anither user finds the guides, they are outdated.
    I personally ran into this trying to maintain various character creation manuals. Back in FG Classic times, there were not as many changes or evolutions, so even then it was hard to manage.
    It comes down to just using the platform and evolving with it and all of the changes and nuances. And, which does come down to reading through posts, trying things for yourself, finding workarounds, and potentially asking questions, making suggestions, or deciding if chasing updates is worth one's time or efforts.

The Fantasy Grounds VTT platform is never "one and done", especially lately, right now it's being standardized, optimized, updated, fixed, and added to.
    Using the app more, exploring the limitations, finding bugs, and seeing the benefits is part of any VTT.
    Last edited by Laerun; April 22nd, 2024 at 22:41.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information