FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last
    I can replicate all of that; for the point buy you need to have adjusted at least one stat before changing back to another method to see the arrows.

One thing is that you can't manually adjust the base stat. If you want to manually enter a stat then use the override line.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Oh, ran across another one today while leveling up my wizard.
    Process: Hit level up from within the character sheet with my wizard. Click on the spells section. When I added new spells to my book, they don't get shown as selected the way cantrips did for me when I chose those. I did choose all my spells at once after getting the char to level 2, so I'm not sure if that may have affected things.
    I also tried stretching out the window so that all the possible spells could be shown at once/see if it needed more space. But that did not help.
    Finally it looks like part of the lettering was cut off in the first line of spells. (like 10%)
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

HI, I'm FRUSTRATED:

Can you please bring back the old character building system/leveling, this new one is AWFUL. It's super confusing, you can't see what spells you already selected or already have. And since it takes away your character sheet you can't refer back to your character. It doesn't seem to let you apply your features, it just lets you look at them but then doesn't let you select them. You can add umpteenth spells way beyond your available slots. Many of the spells aren't available (for example cleric should have access to magic missile but doesn't, nor can it access the wizard cantrips if that's a feature you get as part of a special characteristic). Again doesn't show your known spells. It's unclear which spell levels you have available for each "prepared spells" limits. The "commit" screen doesn't show any of the things you've just selected to confirm you did it right. This whole thing is a mess... I'm a DM and I've been playing / using FGU for 3 years and even I can't figure out what my player should even have anymore. It also quadrupled spells for one character and now there's 28 of the same spell listed on their character sheet that I have to manually delete all of them (except one). Did you guys even play-test this with anyone before releasing it? The old leveler wasn't really that great but somehow you made it a lot worse...

I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk but we play every week and this is really affecting the game enjoyment because it's messed everyones character sheets up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone804 View Post
    HI, I'm FRUSTRATED:

Can you please bring back the old character building system/leveling, this new one is AWFUL. It's super confusing, you can't see what spells you already selected or already have. And since it takes away your character sheet you can't refer back to your character. It doesn't seem to let you apply your features, it just lets you look at them but then doesn't let you select them. You can add umpteenth spells way beyond your available slots. Many of the spells aren't available (for example cleric should have access to magic missile but doesn't, nor can it access the wizard cantrips if that's a feature you get as part of a special characteristic). Again doesn't show your known spells. It's unclear which spell levels you have available for each "prepared spells" limits. The "commit" screen doesn't show any of the things you've just selected to confirm you did it right. This whole thing is a mess... I'm a DM and I've been playing / using FGU for 3 years and even I can't figure out what my player should even have anymore. It also quadrupled spells for one character and now there's 28 of the same spell listed on their character sheet that I have to manually delete all of them (except one). Did you guys even play-test this with anyone before releasing it? The old leveler wasn't really that great but somehow you made it a lot worse...

I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk but we play every week and this is really affecting the game enjoyment because it's messed everyones character sheets up.
    The original character generation method, drag and drop, is still functional.

If you mean the original Character Wizard, it had major architectural flaws that could not be resolved and I can't imaging it being made available.

I do agree that the current wizard has a lot of room for improvements. Myself I don't like how the die/ability tab works. And the second part is I've noticed that the spells selection part is.. unintuitive and allows you to move past it (green mark) without any indication you need to select spells.

But as for enforcing limits (like number of known spells), FG never does that. It allows for homebrew etc.

I do really like the idea of the Commit tab having a character overview, that would be great.

I plan on putting together a list of suggested improvement and adding them to the Wish List. I suggest you do the same
    Idea Informer » Feedback 2.0

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You can still open your character sheet whilst the Level Up window shows; just open the sheet as normal from the character window. See my screenshot.

The Wizard doesn't limit the number of spells you can choose (as has always been the case). It also doesn't show the spells already chosen at a previous level in the wizard since the wizard doesn't know what spells are on the character sheet.

My commit screen shows what has been selected; see my screenshot. Are you running any extensions that might interfere with that screen?

I'm assuming that the Cleric having access to Magic Missile is via a Domain? If so Domain spells aren't shown on the wizard since those are just granted by the ability. You'll find the domain spells linked to the domain (Open the level window by clicking on the magnifying glass at the end of the line and then click on the domain link and then on the domain spells). Domain spells you would normally set up in a separate domain spell power group and the spells can be dragged in and dropped on that group from the list shown on the domain spell list).

I'm not sure why one of your players has 28 spells of the same spell. Once a spell is chosen from the list of available spells it is removed from the list that can be selected; so can't be selected again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You can still open your character sheet whilst the Level Up window shows; just open the sheet as normal from the character window. See my screenshot.

The Wizard doesn't limit the number of spells you can choose (as has always been the case). It also doesn't show the spells already chosen at a previous level in the wizard since the wizard doesn't know what spells are on the character sheet.

My commit screen shows what has been selected; see my screenshot. Are you running any extensions that might interfere with that screen?

I'm assuming that the Cleric having access to Magic Missile is via a Domain? If so Domain spells aren't shown on the wizard since those are just granted by the ability. You'll find the domain spells linked to the domain (Open the level window by clicking on the magnifying glass at the end of the line and then click on the domain link and then on the domain spells). Domain spells you would normally set up in a separate domain spell power group and the spells can be dragged in and dropped on that group from the list shown on the domain spell list).

I'm not sure why one of your players has 28 spells of the same spell. Once a spell is chosen from the list of available spells it is removed from the list that can be selected; so can't be selected again.
    Thanks to both you and Lord Entrails for the prompt replies.

Between you and my friend I've been able to clean up the issues. Part of this is definitely the complexity of the cleric class and the double-classing the player did. I would like if they did a better job of designating which spells came from which thing, like if there were an indicator of where a particular spell came from (domain bonus, multi-class skill, etc.) like a small i (for info) in a circle and you hover over it and it just says "comes from Arcana Domain feature" or something like that.

I understand allowing for home-brew, but perhaps a "standard recommended spells" somewhere on the actual sheet would be helpful, because tracking the number of spells with all the bonuses etc is super tricky. Why even have a spell adder in the leveler if it doesn't have access to all the spells is sort of how I feel, that's confusing.

The features problem is an "I'm a doofus" thing. I was thinking it was a choice, but in fact it was a "you get all 3 of these" situation.

Learning curves... sigh... Thanks again!

The current version of the wizard has the same level of features as the previous version. The only thing that has changed is the foundation it was built on for future expansion from other projects in the works and the cleaning up of the visuals. The spell selection was there in the prior version and never worked right with that version. I cleaned out those parts that were incomplete and non-functional. The major issue related to spell selection is the actions tab has no way of tracking how a spell was acquired. So without imposing restrictions that would limit and cause more issues, it is a bit more free form. The features and traits that add spells are outside of the scope of the wizard at this time and will be addressed when we circle back to expand the feature.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    The current version of the wizard has the same level of features as the previous version. The only thing that has changed is the foundation it was built on for future expansion from other projects in the works and the cleaning up of the visuals. The spell selection was there in the prior version and never worked right with that version. I cleaned out those parts that were incomplete and non-functional. The major issue related to spell selection is the actions tab has no way of tracking how a spell was acquired. So without imposing restrictions that would limit and cause more issues, it is a bit more free form. The features and traits that add spells are outside of the scope of the wizard at this time and will be addressed when we circle back to expand the feature.
    Thanks for the background info and all the hard work. I know that building a system (and also clearing bugs and old code) is a lot. Thanks for continued improvement.

FYI - The bard class gets tool proficiency in three musical instruments; only one dropdown shows up in the character wizard.

Thank you for the report. I'll have a look. Which module was it from or was it all of them?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information