STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    It may need to provide the required bandwidth overall. Especially if not hard-wired. My wife wanted to change to this, and after researching the service, it was a no-go for the kids and me.
    It might be okay for Email, and YouTube was okay.
    2023-02-24 09_58_38-Clipboard.png
    Last edited by Laerun; February 24th, 2023 at 18:03.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Blog Entries
    If your individual images are sharing OK but not so much images in modules my guess is that the module containing those images is much larger and the tmobile is not completing the upload of the larger file before something is changing on the connection.

Go to https://ipwhois.io and check your IP Address every 5 minutes for 30minutes. Is it changing? That could be impacting things.
    If you have just one player connect can they get the content downloaded?

I will double check the IP. I switched Xfinity back on since I have the game tonight and I wasn't able to sort anything out this afternoon. I've been testing it with only one player and module images have not worked for him at all.

Blog Entries
    You might also with your test player have them delete the cache for this campaign in case a file in the cache has become damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If your individual images are sharing OK but not so much images in modules my guess is that the module containing those images is much larger and the tmobile is not completing the upload of the larger file before something is changing on the connection.

Go to https://ipwhois.io and check your IP Address every 5 minutes for 30minutes. Is it changing? That could be impacting things.
    If you have just one player connect can they get the content downloaded?
    I checked the IP address and while it does say I am on the opposite side of the US, it did not change.
    You might also with your test player have them delete the cache for this campaign in case a file in the cache has become damaged.
    I thought about this, but as soon as I switched xfinity back on and restarted FG, my player who couldn't load any images from the module was able to view everything and we could continue to play normally. All signs point to T-Mobile just not being sufficient for FG, which is weird because my upload speeds have averaged higher than Xfinity, just with less consistency.

After continuing to dig into this I came across this thread. The subject of that is foundry’s port forwarding, not FG, but would this still be applicable? Does Fantasy Grounds port forwarding work differently? If the port forwarding itself was the problem, I would think my players couldn’t connect at all, not that I would have difficulty sharing images.

I’ll continue testing this in my evenings but appreciate any technical info that can help guide me here.

You only need port forwarding if you are using the LAN for players to connect. If you use the Cloud option (which you should) then you don't have that problem.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi ret,

I recently change to Verizon 5G and a similar issue in a game that I am in. Images would stop updating. I tracked it down to the DoS protection setting being on for the router. Once I turned that off things started working so I would check for something equivalent with T-Mobile.

Dakadin

I got some help testing tonight and both he and I cleared the cache and the images would load properly. I'm still not sure why switching back to Xfinity forced those images through correctly, though, if the cache was corrupted. I have the logs for both myself and the player if it would be helpful to troubleshoot that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi ret,

I recently change to Verizon 5G and a similar issue in a game that I am in. Images would stop updating. I tracked it down to the DoS protection setting being on for the router. Once I turned that off things started working so I would check for something equivalent with T-Mobile.

Dakadin
    Thanks for the tip. I dug around a little and it does not appear to be an option with T-Mobile. The settings are pretty much limited to frequency and WPA version.

Thread Information