5E Character Create Playlist

Bug: Mutliclassing spellcaster, using spell slots

This happened with a new character I play in 5E and I could recreate this issue in a new campaign.

Tested in LIVE, 5E new campaign, no extensions, only PHB used.

1. Create a character with Sorcerer 1/Cleric 1/Bard 6 (I'm sure this happens with other mutliclass spellcasters as well, but I can't test everything)
    2. Add spells from Level 1-3 (due to multiclassing rules you have level 4 slots but no level 4 spells)
    3. Use spell slots
    4. When in combat mode, the different power groups for different spell levels don't automatically hide. I can still see level 3 spells though I don't have any level 3 spell slots left.

Attached is an example character you can test with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need to open up one of the spell power group and add a 1 (or any other number) into the 'Prepared' slot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You need to open up one of the spell power group and add a 1 (or any other number) into the 'Prepared' slot.
    Doesn't work for me and Bard is not a prepared caster.

If you delete the two level 4 spell slots, everyhting works as expected. So this seems to be a problem for when you have spell slots higher than all known spells.

Edit: Ok, it seems to work fine if I for example set the spell group of the cleric to a prepared number, though this does not work for my original character. Something seems to be still only working halfway.
    Last edited by Zarestia; February 22nd, 2023 at 15:01.

Yes, I see there's a problem if the character has spell slots and no spells of that level. I think you are right in that diagnoses.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If I'm understanding correctly, that's because you can use any higher level spell slot to cast a lower level spell. So, in the example you gave, you can use a L4 spell slot to cast a L1-3 spell; so all spells of L4 or less are shown as long as you have L4 spell slots.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If I'm understanding correctly, that's because you can use any higher level spell slot to cast a lower level spell. So, in the example you gave, you can use a L4 spell slot to cast a L1-3 spell; so all spells of L4 or less are shown as long as you have L4 spell slots.

Regards,
    JPG
    That is correct by the rules and how it normally works.

Use all L4 and all L3 spell slots with the character posted and you can still see L3 spells - that is the problem.

Edit: Here is a gif showcasing.

Last edited by Zarestia; February 22nd, 2023 at 16:41.

Thanks for clarifying. I understand what you are saying now, and I'll take a look.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok, this has been addressed in the Test/beta version.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information