FG Spreadshirt Swag

NPC Factory Missing Paizo Templates

I have the NPC Templates and NPC Template Factory modules enabled. Are none of the Paizo templates included in this? Am only seeing Advanced Bestiary and Tome of Horrors Complete as listed source books.

The NPC factory comes with the Advanced bestiary and only has the templates from that product. The NPC factory also introduces a new data type - "template". It appears that the converter of the Tome of Horrors also stored template data in the same database location as the NPC Factory, but in a different format - if you open a Tome of Horrors template from the NPC Templates list, it doesn't contain any information. But if you open a template from the links within the library Modules section, you see descriptive text. The templates from the Tome of Horrors aren't in the same format as those from the Advanced Bestiary (they are just a "story" text record) and so you can't use them with the NPC Factory - they'll either give you an error when you Build the New NPC or they won't do anything mechanically.

So, to the root of your question - the Advanced Bestiary only has working templates for the templates that were in the Advanced Bestiary. It doesn't contain templates from other products, nor will it work with text "story" templates (like those from the Tome of Horrors) that aren't specifically designed to work with it.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 22nd, 2023 at 08:41.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I did notice that the ToH templates seemed to have a formatting issue when looking at them. Good know that they wont work as a drag and drop.

I guess my next question would be why the base functionality of the NPC Templates and NPC Template Factory was not included as part of the base ruleset for Pathfinder or Bestiary 1?
    Also any particular reason why the official Paizo templates haven't been done? That would make this feature way more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxtalmeek View Post
    I guess my next question would be why the base functionality of the NPC Templates and NPC Template Factory was not included as part of the base ruleset for Pathfinder or Bestiary 1?
    Also any particular reason why the official Paizo templates haven't been done? That would make this feature way more useful.
    The Advanced Bestiary is a stand-alone product, and the standard for stand-alone product FG conversions is that they only contain the information that product contains.

Then, we have a chicken and egg situation - template automation coded using Advanced Bestiary extension, which needs to the purchase of the Advanced Bestiary product - so, the Paizo template could be made outside of that product but they'd only be available for GMs who own the Advanced Bestiary product. There's nothing stopping a community member creating templates using the Advanced Bestiary and posting the OGL versions of those as a community module for use with the Advanced Bestiary.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information