Do you use Pathbuilder 2e? It is only $5 to get access to all the Paizo source material for making characters. Pathbuilder 2e is what my players and I use to make and keep track of our characters. As they level up we first do that in Pathbuilder2e and then put that info into FGU.

I have been working on creating all the NPCs at least up to the level they are in the companion guide. So, far they line up quite well since it seems Paizo followed their own rules when making the NPCs. The only things you don't really know with each intervening level is exactly which feat was chosen at which level...so some of those choices are on you to make. There are a few NPCs that don't have any stats (Harrim, Jaethal, Kalikke & Kanerah, Octavia, and Regongar) and so I have had to improvise with them. Once I have them in Pathbuilder2e I have been adding them into FGU for my campaign.

One of the great things about Pathbuilder 2e is that you can plan out a character all the way up to level 20 (or what ever level you want). You first just set the characters level to 10, make all your selections, and then set the character level back to 1 and it will take out all the higher level stuff.

Here is an example for Amiri: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=364330. She is actually built out to level 11 in Pathbuilder 2e already but starting at level 1.