5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Launching the Terminal application and running the following command worked for me:
    chmod -R +x "/Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater.app"

Does this solve the problem on intel based macs? I have both the update button closing the application and now the updater quits without updating when loading from that app

The above command fixed it one time, then the update quit when trying to update the updater. But now the updater won't run from the main program again.
    Last edited by spoonhead; June 16th, 2023 at 14:32.

Yes, that command basically fixes the permissions that weren't set correctly by the original updater when self-updating.
    The fix is noted in the post above yours.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Yes, that command basically fixes the permissions that weren't set correctly by the original updater when self-updating.
    The fix is noted in the post above yours.

Regards,
    JPG
    It doesn't fix it, though. FGU still drops out as soon as I try and launch the updater

Have you already rebooted your machine since the update?

Can you try running the two parts of the FG updater directly? What happens for each when you try?
    If you run from the Terminal, you may see more information from the OS.

./Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater.app

./Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.app

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information