STAR TREK 2d20

module not showing up under books after update

I sent a message about this to support and I was asked to post here for the developers to look into it further.

After I updated from FGU 4.1.1 to 4.3.2, I am no longer able to see my purchased module (adventure) under the Books menu item. The PHB shows up. I've attempted to reinstall FGU and walk through the troubleshooting steps to no avail. I've also tried to unload and load (activate) the module multiple times. I confirmed that I could still see the module under the Books menu on an older PC running 4.1.1 until I updated it as well. Please see the attached pics showing the books menu and activated module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the response from support: (Ticket - SUPPORT-20925)

***Thank you for using Fantasy Grounds!

I see what you mean. I can load the module but it doesn’t show up in the Books menu like you showed in your image. You’ll want to report that to the D&D 1e/2e forum so the developers can look into it. Be sure to post what you sent in this ticket including screenshots so they can diagnose it more thorougly.
    Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...D-amp-D-OSRIC)

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,***
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    what book isnt showing up?
    go to the store and find its code - for exaple the players handbook code is WOTC2EPHB

then go to your fantasy grounds data directory and then vault and delete the file with that name and then rerun the updater
    also make sure that the missing product is showing up here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/myorders.php

Welcome to the FG forums!

Castle Amber doesn't have a "Book" entry - that's the reference manual and it appears that product doesn't have one. The text entries are under Records -> Story.

This is a bit weird as the screenshots on the product page show a reference manual: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...=WOTC2ETSR9051

Hopefully the converter for this product will see this thread and respond.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am the converter. I will see what is going on. The original conversion was done in FGC and los added. I was asked to unlock the module so it was resubmitted in FGU so possibly that has something do to with it. I will check using the default sidebars not the menu at the top but no idea if that matters.

So that's exactly what occurred. The ref manual builder did not recognize ref manual from the FGC campaign file for Castle Amber. The image is my DB file from the campaign inside FGU. So it is there. Smiteworks has this campaign file so perhaps they can assist. I would think this should not occur since tons of stuff on the store was built in FGC using author to make a ref manual.

As an aside I no longer have a FGC license so re-export from FGC is not an option.

Attachment 56126

Ok make sure you thank Celestian for his author extension. I was able to use it to recompile the ref manual from story entries and FGU recognized it. I will resubmit the mod for update next Tuesday but like Trenloe pointed out the story entries are all there for you to use.
    Attachment 56127

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Ok make sure you thank Celestian for his author extension. I was able to use it to recompile the ref manual from story entries and FGU recognized it. I will resubmit the mod for update next Tuesday but like Trenloe pointed out the story entries are all there for you to use.
    Attachment 56127
    Nice one!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

wow, you all are great! I originally followed damned's steps not realizing more posts were made and it worked-- thanks! Thanks Bayne for recompiling, I appreciate the work (and thanks Celestian for your author ext). Thanks Trenloe for clarifying what I was looking for was the reference manual. Hope you all have a nice weekend!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information