STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Paizo account sync

I recently noticed (since I have never played PF but had gotten a few of the early PDFs) that there was this program:
    "You shouldn't have to buy the same content twice. With the Paizo PDF discount, Paizo and SmiteWorks have teamed up to provide you with a discount up to the entire cost of the PDF price at Paizo.com whenever you already own the PDF at Paizo.com. Just sync your accounts and check back on this page regularly as we add new content."

It tempted me since if I recalled the PDFs weren't too check. When I looked at a couple examples in my account - it appears the language was accurate "up to the entire cost of the PDF price" - I was looking at a couple to see if it was worth getting but while things like Ultimate Combat gave the full PDF price discount so that ends up with upgrade cost of $15, others like Ultimate Equipment is 1/2 the price of the PDF off the FG module.

Is there a way to predict the discount, in case I decide I wanted to get a PDF from their store? Or is it entirely variable and not based on, for example, time since release or original price range or whether an adventure or a splat book etc?

Thanks (not too familiar with Paizo books other than the original Core Book I own.)

The discount is based on the PDF price at launch on the FG store. A few months ago Paizo changed some of the prices of PDFs: https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...ricing-Changes

And also, some of the rule book PDFs were originally $9.99, so there can be a wide range of PDF discounts depending on when the FG conversion was released. Hence the wording in the PDF sync page.

In the case of Ultimate Combat - it looks like the discount has been entered incorrectly. I've reached out to Smiteworks to review.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah cool. I may visit their site to see if there is anything I might want to add and thereby "double-dip". Not sure I have time for using, but I may do it nonetheless lol -- no mega rush, will see if can refresh what's there on weekend. Thanks man.

Blog Entries
    The short summary is that we originally set this up to grant the full price of the PDF off the purchase of the FGU equivalent. PDF prices are all over the place depending on the products, but we were matched 100%. Late last year, Paizo reworked a lot of their PDF prices on new and older products. We adopted the pricing of PDFs for anything new that we are releasing, but anything that was older has already been set up and is not able to be changed with how our system currently works. If you don't already own the PDF at Paizo.com, you can just buy the product on fantasygrounds.com and when you sync it to Paizo.com, they will add the PDF for you there. That way you are always getting the maximum price of the PDF towards your purchase.

I enjoy this very much. I have been purchasing some of the PF2e content on FGU. One thing I notice is that it doesn't give an FGU discount for the Game Mastery Guide. I was wondering if there is a reason for this. I purchased it through Paizo and have had my account synched several times since then. I would like to pick it up for FGU but I'm hesitant because it's not showing any discount for the PDF I purchased.
    From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be the blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king

Quote Originally Posted by Macgreine View Post
    I enjoy this very much. I have been purchasing some of the PF2e content on FGU. One thing I notice is that it doesn't give an FGU discount for the Game Mastery Guide.
    There isn't a PF2 Game Mastery Guide conversion yet. Are you trying to buy the PF1e Game Mastery Guide?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    The PF1E Gamemastery Guide is set up to grant a $9.99 discount.

Oh cool, it was late and I think I missed reading on how it worked in THAT direction. Makes sense, I prefer to spend here vs there anyway since it would be for the purposes of FG use anyway.

Lol. Yep. That's what I was doing by mistake. I am actually a little more intelligent than I appear right now. Really I am. Really.
    From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be the blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king

Thread Information