STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

30 yr GM, Looking for 5E players with flexible schedules

So. This is going to be a bit wordy, but I assure you, if you make it through this, you're probably what I'm looking for. I'm scouting for 5E players who can play 1 to 2 times per month, with a flexible schedule, (although Friday through Sunday would be the most likely game days). So I'll tell you who and what I am, then what I'm looking for, and we'll go from there.

I'm a long haul truck driver. Which explains why I can't play on a completely set schedule. I'm home once a month, but I have the ability to run occasionally out on the road when time and internet connection permits.
    I started my RPG journey 32 years ago, and I've GM'ed AD&D through 5E, as well as a few other game systems (Paranoia, Alternity, MegaTraveller, Call of Cthulhu, probably a few I've forgotten). I've run several campaigns that have spanned years, most recently on Fantasy Grounds a 5E game that ran for 2 years, playing 1-2 times a month, with 6 players. About half of the players kind of faded away after they reached 10th level, leaving me with a couple of players who still want to play, but only with the right people.

I learned to GM from a guy who not only had 1st edition rulebooks signed by Gygax (remember the old folded and stapled paper books?), but he also got to play with Gygax and Cook. So I learned from a guy who learned from THE guys. I do NOT run modules. I use a ruleset and world (currently I place my adventures in the Sword Coast), and craft my adventures around what the players show me they're interested in. I have a few minor house rules, but generally stick to the rulebook. I prefer players who have fun but are interested in plotlines and story arcs that are meaningful to the party or individual characters. If you're a serious min/maxer, like to play flavor of the month broken character "builds", or name your character using cheap puns, and enjoy sidetracking the party with irrelevant nonsense, please stop reading here.

What I'm looking for are players of ANY experience with 5E who like their escape from reality with a dose of respect for their fellow player. I'm a firm believer that the puns, gags, and memorable moments of laughter comes organically within the game, not because someone manufactured it at the expense of other player's enjoyment. I would prefer that you have at least a passing familiarity with Fantasy Grounds as a tool, but players new to 5E are welcome, as are old hands at the game. I'm looking to get to know you in Discord first and see if you get along with the people I game with, while I find a roster to begin a new Campaign with. We generally play a lot of games together as a whole, so you'd also be able to find someone willing to play something off of Steam as well. Location or time zone doesn't matter as long as our game times meet your schedule. I have a friend in Newfoundland who I play with, as well as a couple guys from Ohio, and I live in Nevada. And as a driver, I'm in about 2 or 3 time zones every week. So if you're interested in getting to know myself and a couple of other people I game with, and hear from them how I run a game, as well as let us get to know you while we find the right crew, drop me a line!
    Last edited by KarokDarkblood; February 6th, 2023 at 23:34.

Quote Originally Posted by KarokDarkblood View Post
    So if you're interested in getting to know myself and a couple of other people I game with, and hear from them how I run a game, as well as let us get to know you while we find the right crew, drop me a line!
    Yes! I am very much interested. You and I have a lot in common and I think I fit the profile. I also hope the flexibility requirement swings both ways. Either way, I'd love to get started in a private chat with you so you can learn more about me and make your assessment.

TMO

I'd be very interested in playing this sort of game. I live in the US South and this sort of smashing together cultures interests me.

This is something I'd be interested in, just finished a 3 year long campaign as DM and am looking to jump in as a player again. CST so probably the most neutral timezone possible!

If you still have an opening, I am interested. I would like to chat with you.

Thank you for the interest! I've PM'd each of you, with the hopes of chatting a bit. Please bear in mind that I have NO Campaign ideas set in stone, I work off my players and we're still seeing if this is a good fit for everyone who will be involved.

I am interested and would like to participate if you're willing to have me. My experience is rather limited but a flexible schedule works for me, given my work days fluctuate week to week.

i am interested
    discord Lethoph#5502

Interested, can PM me if you want to talk or get my discord ID.

I thank everyone for the interest! For now it appears I've filled my roster. If that changes I'll reach out again, but I've now got enough players to begin.

Thread Information