5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Midnight

A part of me wishes that it was literally in Tolkien's world if the same thing happened, but the campaign setting looks really well thought out and written, and I'll enjoy being surprised by places and monsters that are new. It looks like there's a new campaign out for it, more Return of the King where the heroes might actually have a shot to take back the world. I think I like that even better.

I just found the thread about the directory structure, but I'm having a bit of trouble. Which folders do I put which of your files in? Muchos gracias
    Last edited by MeganHunter; January 1st, 2008 at 02:35.

Put the modules in the application data\fantasy grounds II\modules folder, and the ruleset in application data\fantasy grounds II\rulesets .

Just make sure that the folder in which the ruleset is, is called Midnight (with a capital letter), otherwise the modules will not load with it properly.
    Midnight for Fantasy Grounds 2... a work in progress.
    So far: Ruleset, Modules.

Think some sort of a simple installer for custom rulesets/modules would be useful?
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

possibly, but I think it is not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by arnon
    2. The ruleset file which includes the desktop appearance and character sheet. The character sheet has had some great work done by Kilahm in adding spell points instead of the spontaneous casting mode (including that when you write Channeler in the class it automatically calculates those spells points into the total, and other stuff, and toggling the spellcasting ability).
    It needs a check to see if the class name was provided at all. Currently FG will throw an error in some kind of console window (sorry, I don't know the 2nd version yet) stating that nil (null) was passed.

The ruleset is total coolness. It's not clear to me - the ruleset you made publicly available is the original one (w/o your house rules), right?
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

the ruleset you made publicly available is the original one (w/o your house rules), right?
    Correct.

And thanks.

Oh good, I stumbled upon the right directories then. But unfortunately, I'm getting the same console null error. Any time I try to click on any part of the character sheet, I can't enter anything, and I eventually crash.

I see like all the feats from my books are in your set! I didn't realize you went to that much work, that must have been quite a typing headache.

that must have been quite a typing headache.
    It was to a point

Yhea, it has all the feats, races, classes, weapons, heroic paths, spells, etc. etc. Basically, it has almost all the stuff that appears in the Darkness Falls site, so i did quite a lot copy-pasting as well as typing..

Regarding the error thing:

I' familiar with it. If you close the error console and then "re-focus" windows on FG it should work with no more problems. Sadly, i know about programming about as much as i know about dinosaurs... i scratch the surface and nothing more.

Thanks for the advice Arnon; I'd love to help you out with typing and pasting, but the XML scares the Jebus out of me.

But if you'd like, in a few weeks I can try to tackle a custom graphic set for you. My first thought was that it would be a breeze, they're just PNGs in the folder. Another thread mentioned that actual coding might be involved, if I read it right, so ugh. But I was thinking of making new borders and buttons for my group, along with a few background PNGs that they could choose at their leisure (the theory was just overwriting the original.) I wanted to add some rusted iron and fading blood splatters to the parchment here and there, if I'm able. Don't worry...I have my own contraband weapon that I have to hide from legates. Let me know if you're ever interested in the files or "screenshots" someday, I'm not worried about matching the current dimensions.

~Megan

Thread Information