STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Midnight

Midnight

I've been working on a Midnight ruleset.

Most of the important SRD stuff for the modules is done, and here is a screen-shot of the tabletop.
    Midnight for Fantasy Grounds 2... a work in progress.
    So far: Ruleset, Modules.

Working with Griogre? Need any help, guys? People are looking for a Midnight ruleset.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

Working with Griogre?
    No. But all help is welcome

I did some changes to the character sheet, but most of those are house rule related. For example, i don't use XP or Alignments, so i changed those to things that fit me better; I use Defense instead of AC, and consider all skills as class skills... and more.

The character sheet you'll find if you follow my signature, is the normal sheet, only with the not yet complete Spell Energy addition, as well as a small change to the Notes page which divides it in the middle so as to make place for writing the Heroic Path abilities of the player. (i'll post shots)

If you follow the link in my sig you'll find two files:

1. the Midnight modules which include most of the OGC information (which can be found on Darkness Falls). This includes Classes, Heroic Paths, modified skill rules, feats, new spells, spell modifications, new domains, etc., etc.

2. The ruleset file which includes the desktop appearance and character sheet. The character sheet has had some great work done by Kilahm in adding spell points instead of the spontaneous casting mode (including that when you write Channeler in the class it automatically calculates those spells points into the total, and other stuff, and toggling the spellcasting ability).
    Last edited by arnon; December 31st, 2007 at 15:36.

Here are some shots:

1. Spell page
    2. Notes page
    3. My house rules modified main character sheet, showcasing one of my players.

Quote Originally Posted by arnon
    No. But all help is welcome
    Oh, in the first screenshot we can see "House Rules and Combat - Griogre and modified by Arnon", so I thought...

I don't know Midnight yet, I got interested in the system merely a couple of days ago. I heard about it a few times, but d20 is almost a synonym of D&D for me and I don't like heroic fantasy. I picked up a couple of board games from Fantasy Flight Games a few months ago and realized how great they were (always top notch). So I thought to myself - if FFG made an RPG and their board/card games are so remarkable, then perhaps their RPGs are too?

And I was positively surprised by Midnight, as I said I know close to nothing about it, but I come from Warhammer background and as you probably know it's "grim & gritty". Midnight looks like a warped Middle Earth and thus is very promising. I am definitely looking forward to playing or running it. It's great to know somebody has already created a working ruleset for that system. I will check it out.

Actually - your signature leads nowhere, I believe it works for you as it seems to point to some "my files" page, but no one else will be able to see it.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

Actually - your signature leads nowhere, I believe it works for you as it seems to point to some "my files" page, but no one else will be able to see it.
    My bad. Fixed.

Oh, in the first screenshot we can see "House Rules and Combat - Griogre and modified by Arnon", so I thought..
    Oh yhea... I did not work with him, just too the Cheat Sheet he did and modified it to fit my House Rules as well.

The modules that you have for download are only 2...in the pictures are 5...can´t you put the other ones??
    And the character sheet its not the one you have in here... the one you have is much more cool
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

The other modules that appear in the shot are:

House Rules, d20 Monsters (just renamed) and Midnight Minions (which is not done yet and also, i'm not sure i was to release it as it might have some copyrighted material).

As for the character sheet: do you mean the main one? If so then it is the modified to fit my house rules. But i'm working on a main one for the general public

Oh ok and yes i was talking about the main sheet that looks very cool with the changes you made
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

I'm glad you found a use for the cheat sheet module. The second cheat sheet update was a more of a pain than I was expecting, so I'm glad it was useful to you. Midnight looks like an interesting setting, but I made a rule for myself that I won't buy a new game system - unless I *know* I'm going to use it. Still I've read several reviews with interest.

Thread Information