FG Spreadshirt Swag

Custom Condition

Not sure if this can be done, but I'm trying to add a custom condition called "Feinted"

That way I can add something similar to flat-footed that only effect the rogue.

In Character Effects put in

IFT: CUSTOM(feinted): DMG: 1d6 precision

Can you do that in the Pathfinder 2e ruleset?

Figured it out.

just

IFT: feinted; DMG: 1d6 precision

I wrote a small tutorial on sneak attack a while back, you can check it out to see how I did it:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...che-automation

If you really want to go with a custom condition, you have to pay attention that you have a conditon named feinted (I think it's case sensitive) and by "named" I mean the first section of the effect should be exactly the name of the custom condition.

So e.g. the following on the character:
    Code:
    IFT: CUSTOM(feinted); DMG: +1d6 precision
    (notice the semicolon after the "IFT" statement)
    and then the following effect on the targeted creature:
    Code:
    feinted; you can type anything here; or put an additional effect here e.g.; Flat-footed
    As long as you keep things separated by semicolons each statement is parsed separately and while the middle two of the above line don't have any effect, the "feinted" will be looked for by the "IFT: CUSTOM(feinted);" so the precision damage will apply, and the Flat-footed condition from the second effect is also active.

Thanks,

Found that ; mistake.

For some weird reason a custom condition sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. So I borrowed the Hostile Condition

Is there any way to do an AND/OR or a NOT condition?

I tried

IFT: hostile, !flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision

But that doesn't work. Just don't want the conditions to stack.

There's only simple comparisons, no boolean logic (except for a basic single comparison for size). For what you can do, refer to the Conditional Operators in the FG wiki page for PF2 Effects: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...onal-Operators

Also refer to the Notes for CUSTOM in that same section for information on how to use CUSTOM conditions.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 18th, 2023 at 17:35.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by skester View Post
    But that doesn't work. Just don't want the conditions to stack.
    I think the easiest way is to have the feinted effect include the Flat-footed condition and then just use "IFT: Flat-footed". Then you set it up that the Feint effect only lasts for one action and you should be fine. For crit success and multiple attacks you might have to make a longer effect and then either manually delete it or with a scoundrel rogue target the effect at the feinting character, so the enemy is only flat-footed to them. Btw a character can have many instances of Flat-footed and they'll never stack on the penalties side, so that should probably be the best method to go about it.

Thread Information