STAR TREK 2d20

Crit hits not affecting incorpeal undead like standard hits

So, tonight I noticed that when a player of mine using a magic weapon strikes an undead incorporeal creature which it does the correct half damage but when they rolled a critical hit the same didn't apply. It basically added the DR to the strike(damage). Is there a setting I am missing or is this a known glitch?
    Pathfinder 1E

The standard hit worked as intended but the critical hit ignored the 8 points of damage from the critical attack.

Incorporeal creatures are immune to critical hits, so any damage that's typed as "critical" will be ignored (such as the damage that comes off of a critical hit).

It looks like in the second, critical, attack you did: 8 bl, magic; 16 bl, magic, critical; and 6 fire, magic.

The 16 is ignored due to it being critical, the 8 and 6 are combined to 14 and then halved, since both are magic - giving the 7 dmg that you see there.

see here: https://www.aonprd.com/MonsterSubtypes.aspx?ItemName=Incorporeal

We could get this moved to PF1E Subform if a mod sees it.
    Last edited by srbongo; February 5th, 2023 at 13:26.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Thank you. Makes sense. I had to look in 2 places to find the rule from Paizo. I thought at the time it was a glitch with the software!

No problem, I too have been fooled before about type, subtype, and universal monster abilities!
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Thread Information