Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

How Fantasy Grounds Unity can be the top VTT even with WotC's new 3DVTT and DnDBeyond

Firstly, I love FGU and I've spent thousands over the years supporting FG, WotC, but especially 3rd part content. I think this new theater of the mind feature is fine, but if we really want to stay ahead of the competition in the VTT market, we need to modernize the UI and make FG available on mobile and tablets. I think if players could access their pc sheets and campaign information without logging into a FG server, it would benefit our VTT greatly. If people could play on FG from mobile and tablets, that would allow more access to a younger audience. I think that Rob2e and Grim Press' spell and skill automation extensions should come with FGU by default. I think the company needs to compete with DnD Beyond instead of it's 3d VTT, if we really want to keep FG one of the top VTTs out there. I use Obsidian Portal for campaign management. I could use FG, but it's inconvenient for players to always have to login to the server just to edit their character sheets, add lore, read lore, or read through the modules in the FGU app. The FGU app should open the modules in a pdf format with the ability to link, copy and paste information at ease. I think FG needs a mobile/tablet/online version of the campaign on their FG server that they can access and edit easily without having to login to the actual FGU server game. FG should come with a campaign manager and character sheet modifier that can be accessed outside of the server and through mobile/tablets. Please look into upgrading the UI and streamlining the way that FGU works before you try to add a 2.5D feature that isn't going to compete with WotC's 3d VTT. I want to see Smiteworks and FG succeed, and I think that since it's the oldest VTT, it will struggle to find the right changes, but I think it's a high risk, high reward investment to keep FGU relevant after the WotC 3D VTT connected to DnD Beyond in 2024. I really think FG could use some form of their own version of DnD Beyond to really make it look new, fresh, and welcoming to new players. We could also add animated maps pieces and tokens to compete with 3D without having to design a whole 3d engine. Please consider these options as the VTT landscape will change in the next couple years and I just want the best for my favorite VTT.
    FGU Ultimate|OGL 1.0a forever | Open RPG Creative (ORC) license!
    I play and GM everything and anything!
    Come join me and make some memories of another life.
    DMing Curse of Strahd with 6 wonderful people.
    Playing 5e in Midgard with Sir Greystone
    Playing Rolemaster and Fallout 2d20 with GM Max
    Playing Against the Darkmaster with Kergan
    Solo Roleplaying to become a better GM and experiment with systems that aren't as popular.

Suggestions go in the wish list (you'll probably find all of what you want in there already); link in my signature.

A way to at least read owned content from the website has been on the cards for some time; however licensing issues are holding that up. I doubt FGU will ever actually be playable on a phone or tablet; the screen is too small and lacks a mouse and keyboard.

If and when WotC ever produce a working VTT it'll only play WotC material; FGU supports a multitude of RPGs.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you, I'll repost there. Unless someone can move it for me
    Solo Roleplaying to become a better GM and experiment with systems that aren't as popular.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalChillness View Post
    Thank you, I'll repost there. Unless someone can move it for me
    The wishlist isn't attached to the forums so posts can't be moved. As I said many of the things you want (and you have mentioned several things) are most likely already on the list. So have a look and vote for the ones that are closest to what you are suggesting. (Things like 3d maps, access without joined to the DM, 'modern ui', and others are all already on there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, already been voting and put out quite a few suggestions.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback MentalChillness.

Sometimes the gamification of the WOTC proposed future leaves me thinking. But I just want to sit around a table with my mates and so we can play more often a VTT is perfect.

A game experience with the UnReal 3D engine will be interesting but will it be a virtual table or Games master managed Baldur’s Gate with micro payments etc etc.

Just double posted.
    Last edited by MentalChillness; February 3rd, 2023 at 18:26. Reason: Whoppsie

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Thanks for the feedback MentalChillness.
    Thank you sir for providing me with a way to meet amazing people whom we create some hilarious and legendary memories together. Thank you especially for considering my thoughts and I do look forward to the future of FGU and the theater of the mind feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I doubt FGU will ever actually be playable on a phone or tablet; the screen is too small and lacks a mouse and keyboard.
    Just my 2 cents on this. A phone or tablet could be used to display just the contents of a single popup, like the character sheet, or a table, or even just the chat window/die rolls. It doesn't have to be a full implementation. Plus, and don't take this wrong, but phones and tablets are very versatile in scrolling around using finger motions. Try thinking about using them as a supplement. It doesn't have to be a full blown copy of the software.

Thread Information