DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Outbreak Undead 2e

Is there any plans to release a ruleset for Outbreak Undead 2e? I've thought about using roll20 since they have it but I really don't want to have to learn a new VTT and I love Fantasy Grounds and would rather use it here. I'm unsure if there is a lot of requests for it. I know a few people asked about it.

Blog Entries
    I've never heard of it, but I don't keep up on the different game systems.

BUT, you don't need a dedicated ruleset to run any RPG. You can use the CoreRPG ruleset or one of the community rulesets; MoreCore or XCore and then just create a character sheet that has all the fields you need. You will have limited automation, but I've played other game systems using this technique before and it works well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I've never heard of it, but I don't keep up on the different game systems.

BUT, you don't need a dedicated ruleset to run any RPG. You can use the CoreRPG ruleset or one of the community rulesets; MoreCore or XCore and then just create a character sheet that has all the fields you need. You will have limited automation, but I've played other game systems using this technique before and it works well.
    How do I design my own ruleset? I know C++ but I assume it uses LUA which couldnt be as hard to learn as C++ since I believe it doesnt use dynamic memory allocation like C++ does. Where would I start? In other words what ruleset should I modify and how do I open a ruleset in order to begin coding.

Blog Entries
    There are a couple of ways.

FG uses XML and LUA, and you can find a lot of information in the Developer Guide - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)

There is a third party development tool, Ruleset Wizard (which I use) that you can purchase here: Ruleset Wizard – The ruleset development environment for Fantasy Grounds

There are numerous videos on YouTube, from Damian and others with tutorial and step by step examples such as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbyUQ_TZjng&t=328s

But, one of the most useful means is to learn how to open up existing rulesets and see how they work. Ruleset .pak files are actually just .zip files renamed. So you can copy, rename and explore. Be careful though, FG will use unpacked rulesets before it will load .pak versions, so rename the folder to prevent you from accidentally loading the wrong thing or not getting updated rulesets. CoreRPG is the base of most rulesets, so you will need to look in their plus any other ruleset (such as D&D 5E, etc).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information