5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Big problem

Big problem

Hello, I've had a bug issue with my FGU going on for 3 weeks now. I updated and now I can't see the map, and won't load any books from my GM. I have left IT 2 messages to no avail but I am at a loss because I've tried nearly everything. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling FGU, FG, and steam. Making a new account, making a new windows ID, deleting the cache folder deleting me as a player readding me, the GM loading and unloading the books, so far nothing. When we open my account on another system it works just not on mine which means it's probably stupid setting I can't find, but I wanna play but can't so if anyone knows please!

Blog Entries
    I assume this is not happening to other players? Does it happen with different GMs or only one? (Or do you only play with one? Has it ever worked?

Check out this page on troubleshooting network issues: Network Troubleshooting - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)

If that doesn't work, see the How to Report... link in my signature for more information you can provide as well as how to compile your logs so you can attach them here for us to review.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I only play with one, and no just me. And only on my system.

Also already reported. Waited 3 weeks then posted this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnzy86 View Post
    Also already reported. Waited 3 weeks then posted this.
    Reported to who? The forums are mostly just users. So if you submitted a FG support ticket, we don't have access to any information you provided there. If it was FG support via the ticket system, then you should reach out to them for a response. I've not heard of them not responding in a timely manner before.

But, if you want our help, you will have to provide us with info to help you. The only info we have is that which you provide in this thread.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Hello Shawnzy86, when you say you reported the issue to IT, are you referring to support.fantasygrounds.com or something else? I don't see any emails or tickets in our support system from your email address. Are you using a different account? Shawnzy86 just signed up on the forums on January 25, 2023 and that account doesn't own any licenses, subscriptions, or products for Fantasy Grounds.

Blog Entries
    Let's start with 2 things.
    1) Follow these instructions to get a file of your FG Logs; How to Compile Logs - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)
    2) Let's try to get you more interactive support. Do you have Discord? If so, or if you are willing to use it (either through a web browser or installing the app), visit this channel: https://discord.com/channels/2745828...16657858150410 (If that link does not work, use this one, https://discord.gg/fantasygrounds then enter the FG Support channel)
    Once there (int he "FG Support" channel) you can ask for help and put a link to this thread so people can see the history of what has already been said.

If #2 doesn't work for you, we can continue in this thread. Please answer these questions:
    a) Do you have another FG username? If so, what is it?
    b) When replying to this thread, in the bottom right corner near the submit button is another called "Go Advanced". Click that, and then use the attachments option to attach your compiled logs from step 1.

I can use discord! I can go through using the steps you provided! But to log on into my account I may have to wait until Monday night when my, and my Gms schedules line up so he can pop the server.

What version is reporting on the upper right of the launch screen when you start Fantasy Grounds?

Regards,
    JPG

Has the GM maybe not updated their FG?

Thread Information