STAR TREK 2d20

Adding new archetypes

I like that the creator parses everything, but when I use a custom archetype it throws an error due to the ID of the archetype, also seem to have some glitches with some of the equipment being added from britain

Could you be more specific, what exactly are you getting as an error?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Since it doesn't seem like we are going to get an answer, I think I can reproduce the archetype id error. I copied the Vagabond archetype and named it Runner. When I try and build a character in the PC Builder, when I click on the Runner archetype I get the following error:

[SKILL] Agility (Physique) 0
    Failure!

Invalid career: career.id-00001

Here is a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does the build process complete successfully, despite the error that is reported in the chat? I will look at this over the weekend.

It looks like it does complete the build process. I see the invalid career message pop up again at the end of the build, but other than that, it looks like a valid char. All of the Attributes, Skills, and Talents parsed correctly.

I think I figured out what was being mentioned with the Mythic Britain book. On the Character Wizard, I selected 'Socialite' Archetype, and when I get to Equipment and Select Pre-Defined, then highlight: London Apartment and Country Estate, I get a message in the Chat window: Could not find dbNode:

To tie this in, when I select my new Archetype - Runner, it has the same equipment list as Vagabond in my Archetype listing, but the Pre-Defined Equipment list is empty in the Character Builder.

So that's two things from what I can tell.
    1) Do London Apartment and Country Estate need to be added as items in the Britain books?
    2) How does the Pre-Defined Equipment list get populated for new Archetypes?

OK, the situation is clear. The way I handle the pre-defined items for the core archetypes is... pre-defined in the data files. There is link between name and ID of the equipment from the modules (if exists). If it doesn't we create new item with name from the pre-defined list. Since archetypes are having items that do not appear as "official" items in the Equipment section and I wanted to stay true to the source, this was the solution. Also, there was an issue in dynamically pulling and building a list that I don't have the branch anymore to check.

For now, the items from custom archetype have to be added manually post-creation. The message that is reported in the chat is saying that this archetype does not appear in the pre-defined data files. Currently I have no bandwidth to develop new functionality, and this is not quick fix. But I will add story in our board that I can look at later.

From feature perspective, I presume the desired functionality will be:
    - Any item that exist and has matching name with item from the inventory to be added when character is saved, any item that does not exists to be created directly in the character's inventory.
    - Pre-defined list to be build dynamically

Other than the warning messages, it seems to be working just fine. I think part of the solution (for how it's currently working) is to create the new archetype, put in new items into the Items table if needed, and then drop the links to the items in the Archetype page. Share items and archetype to the players. Once they have built the new character, they can open the Archetype and drag and drop the items to their inventory. And at this point we know to just ignore the warnings.
    Last edited by indavis; May 12th, 2023 at 03:01.

Yes, that is the correct approach. Thanks for the understanding.

Thread Information