STAR TREK 2d20

Classic Traveller and fonts

Sooooo... this is probably a case of too little information is a dangerous thing. I found the community Classic Traveller mods and added it but FGU throws a bunch of errors re TTF as it is not up with the Unity. I hopped into the developer pages and looked at a few things. Grabbed the .pak out, decompressed it, added the TTF files I needed, altered the fonts.xml repackaged the ruleset and put it back in the ruleset folder. Now the launcher does not even start the campaign. It states that ClassicTraveller is not a recognised ruleset... no changes were made apart from adding the ttf fonts and altering the .XML.

Any help welcome.

Look in the console.log file (in the root FG app data directory) after starting up FG - there may be some error messages regarding invalid XML. If not, check the XML syntax in the ruleset base.xml file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I zipped up the folder that it extracted to...

Do you have a link the the module you found? It sounds like you should use an extension for this. I would not edit a pak file to change fonts.

Sorry for the delay, I completed my annual trip around the sun over the weekend and got distracted. bayne - the ruleset is a community based one and does not look as though it has been played with in a looooong time. You can find it on this page https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...unity+Rulesets about 3/4 of the way down (Traveller (Classic).

damned - I repackaged using just the contents and it does open now so that was the issue. Unfortunately though the same errors come up about the TTF tags not being in place in fonts.xml despite all listed fonts now only having ttf tags applied and the required fonts being in place. Perhaps I am going about this wrong. If I have to I may just start at the beginning and code the ruleset anew, I just did not want to have to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

Thanks a buddy showed me the link never knew that page existed! If you can hold out I'm working on Cepheus Engine. I've got a character wizard done and most of the character sheet. I suck at graphics so I wanted to see what this ruleset used.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Thanks a buddy showed me the link never knew that page existed! If you can hold out I'm working on Cepheus Engine. I've got a character wizard done and most of the character sheet. I suck at graphics so I wanted to see what this ruleset used.
    Well, I never knew about the Cepheus Engine so we are all learning new stuff! Looks cool.

Thread Information