STAR TREK 2d20

New Entries in Encounters/Quests on XP tab of Party Sheet

This is just a small annoyance, but when I drag/drop a new Encounter or Quest onto the associated list on the XP tab Party Sheet, it doesn't put it at the bottom of the list, even if I have scrolled all the way to the bottom and dropped the item below the last existing item. It puts it somewhere randomly in the middle of the list. It only does this the first time in a session I drop a new item; thereafter it usually drops into the proper place.

As a workaround, I created a null Encounter and null Quest and drop those in before play and then delete them so I don't have to deal with this during the game, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do this.

The way this works is that each entry in the Encounters or Quests lists has an id - id-0001 for the first entry, id-00002 for the second, etc. and the list is ordered by this id. If individual encounters or quests are removed (deleted or their XP assigned) then this leaves spaces in the gaps. You don't see this during a session as the system keeps a running count of the next ID to use, but if you re-start the session then adding something to the list will use the first available id - which can result in new entries appearing in the middle of older entries.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The way this works is that each entry in the Encounters or Quests lists has an id - id-0001 for the first entry, id-00002 for the second, etc. and the list is ordered by this id. If individual encounters or quests are removed (deleted or their XP assigned) then this leaves spaces in the gaps. You don't see this during a session as the system keeps a running count of the next ID to use, but if you re-start the session then adding something to the list will use the first available id - which can result in new entries appearing in the middle of older entries.
    Would it be possible to add functionality after XP is awarded to renumber the associated list (removing holes)? Either that, or renumber the lists on startup or shutdown?

Quote Originally Posted by SillyOldeBear View Post
    Would it be possible to add functionality after XP is awarded to renumber the associated list (removing holes)? Either that, or renumber the lists on startup or shutdown?
    It's possible, but it would require coding that won't take just 5 minutes. I'll add it to the list to look at some time in the future.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information