DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Alchemist Infused Reagents Tracking

Hello all, first time poster on the Forum.
    I'm trying to use a counter to track the number of reagents I have left for the day as a PF2e Alchemist.
    I just need the ability to tick a number up and down, and maybe set a max that it will be reset to on a new day.
    I'm also not sure what for such a tool would look like, module or extension.

Any assistance is helpful, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Counttec View Post
    Hello all, first time poster on the Forum.
    I'm trying to use a counter to track the number of reagents I have left for the day as a PF2e Alchemist.
    I just need the ability to tick a number up and down, and maybe set a max that it will be reset to on a new day.
    I'm also not sure what for such a tool would look like, module or extension.

Any assistance is helpful, thanks!

The alchemist in my group has been using this https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/221/view. I'm not sure if it does what your looking for but it's been helpful for us.
    From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be the blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king

What I do for alchemists is this:

~Create a spell section and make it a prepared caster
    ~Give them 6-8 level 1 spells per day (whatever you think the maximum of a single item you might prepare is
    ~Give them a number of level 2 spells per day equal to their number of reagents
    ~Add all of the formulas they know as level 1 spells
    ~Add a single level 2 spell called "infused reagents" and prepare it the maximum number of times.

This way, whatever items you make during daily prep you can set as prepared in the level 1 spells and mark them off as they are used, and you use the level 2 spell to mark how many reagents you have used/have available. Don't worry about only having 6-8 "available" prepared spells for level 1, that just limits the maximum number of times you can prepare a single spell. It will let you "cheat" and prepare as many as you like.

Here is an example from one of my campaigns:
    alchemist.png

You can also make it a ranged weapon in your actions tab (naming it whatever you want), and set the number of ammo slots. Then tick them off as you use them, like arrows.

I do the same as MaxAstro - I treat them as spells for the alchemist in my group. I set them all up as cantrips and give him X cantrips a day according to his reagents.

Xargun

Thank you all for the input, I think these methods will work to track things properly. I was playing an Alchemist Artificer in a 5e campaign until last week, when we voted to migrate to PF2e. Everything else was doable, but I had no idea how to go about tracking the Reagents.

Macgreine, our GM did include all the Drag N Drop modules, so I at least had all my bombs set up. (Which at 8th level is over 20)
    Mike, the only reason I wouldn't use a range weapon over another spell slot is that spells would refresh with the long rest.

Thanks All!

I do suggest setting up at least one ranged weapon for your bombs - they should all use roughly the same attack rolls anyway, and having a weapon set up makes it easier to apply MAP.

Thread Information