DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Fantasy Grounds Doesn't Respond to Windows (System) Scaling

I have old eyes. They just need a little help. So I've been trying to get, what to me, is acceptable size lettering with FGU.

I've bumped FGU's Scaling slider in the Settings window up to 200 and it definitely helps, but I could use just a bit more. So I went to the Windows Display Scaling settings and bumped it up from the recommended 250 setting to 300 but FGU fails to respond with an increase in text size.

(Windows suggests restarting the app (FGU) as some applications don't respond without the restart.)
    Restarting and Windows rebooting didn't help.

Is this the desired or planned behavior?

I'll provide screenshots because that's what I do, supply screenshots in my posts.
    The image is a composite of two screenshots. The upper panel is with the windows scaling set to 250, the recommended value). The lower panel is with the setting at 300. Note that the Windows Setting app, upper right of each panel, has rescaled (the text is larger and the controls take up more room in the lower panel). As has the Windows Explorer app (lower right in each panel). But Fantasy Grounds failed to rescale (controls and text is the same size in each panel).
    (I apologize in advance for the size of the images, but I had to take a whole screen screenshots to illustrate everything.)
    Untitled3.jpg

Now, in case you need them, and it would help, I've supplied each screenshot separately in the attached images below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

The scaling for FG is completely independent of any OS scaling, because it is a multi-platform application.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The scaling for FG is completely independent of any OS scaling, because it is a multi-platform application.
    O..Kay....

I guess I need a follow up question answered, because I don't know what "independent scaling" means.

Does "independent scaling" mean FG is supposed to ignore Windows Scaling or is FG supposed to also recognize Windows Scaling and is failing to do so.

(My interpretation of "independent" is that one does not affect the other. One should be able to Scale the display using either method. Not that FG should ignore Windows Scaling. My interpretation would imply that one could scale with one method and then scale more or less with the other.)

Blog Entries
    I interpret it to mean that within the FG window, FG can't accommodate Windows O/S scaling because how would that work on a Mac or a Linux system? The different O/S's don't have compatible ways of scaling.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

FG scaling is independent of OS scaling; it is a pixel scaling factor applied only to the view provided by Unity.

Regards,
    JPG

Effectively, FG is graphics not text to the OSs so they can't scale the non text.

Thread Information