FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Being able to select a different die style for a wild die would be cool. The final roll indicates the wild (blue) die is the selected roll in chat, but it would be cool to see the wild die bouncing around the chat box.
    Maybe this can be made for Savage Worlds. The SWADE code knows which die is the wild die, and the underlying system can change dice based on damage (at least in 5e).
    So this may be possible.
    I'll add it to my ToDo list.

I added this to idea informer
    Set Wild Die Style
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; March 9th, 2023 at 19:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Set Wild Die Style
    And you didn't even vote for it!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    And you didn't even vote for it!
    I did though, sounds like a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Being able to select a different die style for a wild die would be cool. The final roll indicates the wild (blue) die is the selected roll in chat, but it would be cool to see the wild die bouncing around the chat box.
    Maybe this can be made for Savage Worlds. The SWADE code knows which die is the wild die, and the underlying system can change dice based on damage (at least in 5e).
    So this may be possible.
    I'll add it to my ToDo list.

Set Wild Die Style
    Ok here is a hidden feature for you. That could be exploited in a future extention. Damage 2d6 drops regular dice to chat. 2r6 drops red dice to chat. 2g6 drops green dice to chat. 2b6 is blue. Example of possible use that can be test now: A Bolt spell does 2d6 damage. A bigger bolt spell can do 2d6+1r6 to do 3d6 with the extra die colored red.

There also a show trait die extention that always shows both die results. This important where you get a rule that specifically mention one die value. ie Innocent Bystanders rule will trigger on any trait roll of 1. Or Wild Die for ROF 1. An option that does this with colors would be nice.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; March 11th, 2023 at 03:04.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Mike,

Have you taken over the SaWo ruleset development?
    I haven't.

With Ikael having been out for so long, SaWo hasn't had the attention we're used to. There have been lots of CoreRPG changes affecting the SWADE rules and some things have been lost.

Moon Wizard was already swamped. Now he's trying to support a code base he doesn't know for a game system he doesn't play. (Not a fun position, speaking from experience.)

Of all the VTTs, FG has the best integration and support for SaWo (Ikael spoiled us!). I don't want that to slip, so I'm trying to help. That'll be in the form of extensions to do things that Ikael would probably be doing in the SaWo code, or helping debug, offering suggestions, whatever I can do to keep FGU the best SaWo experience in VTTs.

Thread Information