DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Call of Cthulhu 7e - issues with Chases

I was checking out chases on the Combat Tracker, and I'm noticing a few things that either aren't working, or maybe I'm not understanding them..

1) I watched a video on the Chases, and the video showed a cool button at the top at the combat tracker that made the chase active for everyone. I don't have that, so I have to click on each character to add everyone, hostiles and friends both, to make the chase active for them. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV8LQ33V_0c&t=125s

2) When I drag the chase onto the chase tracker, it rolls CON and auto calculates the Move and Act/MP for everyone. This is great for NPCs, but player characters might want to spend luck on the roll, and I'm not seeing a way to do that.

3) I can click on a characters Move, and it rerolls the character's CON, but it doesn't update Act/MOV. I'm not able to manually edit it either.

4) There's a menu option to reroll the NPC Speed Checks - seems to have the same issue as 3) above.

5) Bonus and penalty dice don't seem to work with the speed checks.

6) And last would it be possible to have the combat tracker do the initial position placement on the the chase, so GMs don't have to do this manually? The CoC chase rules spell out the setup in good detail.

Thanks,
    John

Blog Entries
    1. was removed in CoreRPG and has happened across all rulesets.
    Ill have to try and test your other cases tonight or tomorrow.

Hi StickClip,

Thanks for taking the time to report this, it helps us to improve.

#1 As Damned mentions, this was removed as a CoreRPG update.
    #2 I don't think it rolls for anyone, it just uses existing move rates from the sheets
    #3 Well spotted, it should update the Act (it does update the move)
    #4 Agreed, will check
    #5 Also true, I will check this too.
    #6 The initial placement will depend on the particular situation when the chase starts, so I am not sure how it could be predicted with certainty

I will take a look and fix these issues.

Ian

Hi StickClop,
    I have submitted an update to Smiteworks to address the two issued you found:
    v2023-01-16
    * [Fixed] - Chase Tracker updates act field on move changed
    * [Fixed] - Speed rolls do not use penalty and bonus dice

It should be pushed to the TEST channel Tuesday, so if you can check the changes there on Wednesday and make sure I did not break anything else, it would be appreciate it.

Regards,

Ian

Hey Ian,
    Big thanks for taking a look into those fixes. My last game, not on Fantasy Grounds, my brain had some hiccups trying to do the chase scene rates manually.

For the last one, #6, I did the setup in python working on a certification. I'll attach the github link in case it's helpful...
    https://github.com/jdsdba/alta3research-python-cert

I thought the rules defined the setup placement pretty cut-n-dry, but could see issues possibly, like the chase scene being too small.

Quote Originally Posted by StickClip View Post
    Hey Ian,
    Big thanks for taking a look into those fixes. My last game, not on Fantasy Grounds, my brain had some hiccups trying to do the chase scene rates manually.

For the last one, #6, I did the setup in python working on a certification. I'll attach the github link in case it's helpful...
    https://github.com/jdsdba/alta3research-python-cert

I thought the rules defined the setup placement pretty cut-n-dry, but could see issues possibly, like the chase scene being too small.
    I tend to position the characters depending on how they are when the chase starts. so some may be further away than others. Even in the video you linked, it says: "Place the fleeing character one or two spaces ahead of their pursuer", so I don't think it is cut-n-dry...

Hey Ian,

I just checked things on test - looked great! The only thing I noticed was that on a extreme success, the little red square went down, and on a fail it went up, which seemed a bit counter intuitive. I think it was the other way around in the video.

No big deal on the initial placement. And apologies if my "here's how to do it in python" was somewhat arrogant. I'm much more excited with the possibility of getting Effects working.

The only thing I noticed was that on a extreme success, the little red square went down, and on a fail it went up, which seemed a bit counter intuitive.
    Good point... it is the other way around on the character sheet. I will check and see why.

Hey Ian,
    I was checking out the chases again and it looks like those red squares are still swapped around. Also, I noticed when you add a Hound of Tindalos to a chase, they have a blank mov, which throws the other MPs off. (Not that I'm that mean a keeper to send a HoT after them.)

Thanks,
    John

Hey Ian,
    I was checking out the chases again and it looks like those red squares are still swapped around. Also, I noticed when you add a Hound of Tindalos to a chase, they have a blank mov, which throws the other MPs off. (Not that I'm that mean a keeper to send a HoT after them.)

Thanks,
    John
    Hi John,

I have fixed the check boxes being switched and will send it off to Smiteworks. The Hound of Tindalos problem is caused by the move not being calculated on the NPC until it is opened, so if you drag it into the CT before opening it, it goes in as 0.

As a workaround, just opening up the NPC entry before dragging it in will populate the speed correctly.

I will look to see how I can make sure the move is calculated always and fix it.

Cheers,

Ian

Thread Information