STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Hello All

Welcome to the forum of my preferred vtt (especially for 5e).

A little learning curve to getting used to the system but the community is incredibly helpful.

I’ve asked a ton of questions when I started and I still ask questions now a few years later. Always got an answer and always found help.

��Hello, welcome to Fantasy Grounds.
    Join the Fantasy Grounds Discord as well.
    https://discord.gg/fantasygrounds

Welcome. You could not have chosen a nicer group to engage with. When I have a question to the community about a feature or "how do I do this in FGU", then often more than one will offer assistance. It's one of the things that, as a new user, I want to highlight. Yes, the learning curve can be a bit steep, but I have a sense that all of us are here to see others succeed. My 2 cents, Cheers Rene

Quote Originally Posted by BelleMuerte View Post
    ��Hello, welcome to Fantasy Grounds.
    Join the Fantasy Grounds Discord as well.
    https://discord.gg/fantasygrounds
    This is a great recommendation.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    See the link in my sig for Adventure Creation. You will probably want to do all your campaign development in one or more development campaigns. The basics are discussed in that link.

Extensions are "written" in XML and LUA scripting and run after the ruleset is loaded and effectively are replacements or additions to the ruleset code. When you are interested, their are tutorials on the forums and on YouTube to get you started.
    Cool, LUA is a bit of a meh, would of been cool if I could use Unity Objects and create them directly, or python at least, but I can deal. Again, that's way down the road.
    Yeah, I stared by following your Guidelines, and those are followed pretty much by the first set of tuts I ran through by Stoehovve. very helpful to start with, glad I found it.
    I am using a 1 dev campaign for the campaign, and one dev campaign per module, I basically copy the campaign one, and just add the stuff for this module/adveture set.
    I have a bit of a quirk in that Each "module" I copy the base campaign as it has the background stuff and MY main story arc, and an alternate "I just want to run your stuff but not your stupid world altering crap" story thus far . Allow either "play DMYoheebs campaign" or "Drop this adeventure in my world, or even this campaign, but generic". but that is harder explain than show, so I'll leave that to later. Then I am exporting each adventure devl campaing to modules. I like it, it works. I am sure there are better ways, put your towns in 1 module, your recurring NPC's etc. I jsut import the adventure x to to main dev world for recurring npcs/towns, copy them, then unload, so the next adventure has them....and I can copy them over to any where it might apply in the future.
    DM can chose their own story filter depending on module uses. Also, honestly gives me an alternate read if my Homebrew stuff goes off the rails. For me it works out that I should understand how to use the toolset very well, by the time I need to actually use the toolset well. when my players eventually dispers a bit goegraphically.
    I do want to learn how to have 1 player connect and control all the players, since the medium turn plan is to build a gaming table with a tv for the battle map and use FG.
    IF there is a way for the players to roll locally, but have FG calcuation hits/damage/effects, that will be a bonus. My players are tragically painfully slow crawlers for encouters, especially combat. but again, baby steps. Again thanks, cool. I hope to get "something" out there for you pros to run and play, then rip to shreds and tell me what I did wrong. That will be months....until then, hopefully I am a smaller and smaller pain...
    Again, I really thank you all! A lot for me to sort through already based on my forum searches so far

Blog Entries
    So yes, one Player can control as many PCs as desired. As GM, you can "Clear Ownership" from the Character Selection screen to allow a different player to take control. When a player controls multiple characters, they can select via the portraits (top left) which one is currently active for LOS, chat, etc if needed.

In the campaign Options is the option to turn on manual die rolling. It lets the player enter the value for a roll manually, but still allows targeting etc. I've not used it, but it should be pretty self explanatory.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information