5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    I emailed you back the next day, you must not have gotten it. The email essentially gave it the thumbs up. I like the format, there's plenty of detail, and it's of a playable length.

I found a few problems with it though.

1: For some reason, after I loaded the module, I was unable to open the token tray. I did several tests, it only applied to this module. Assuming you don't have this problem, you can probably ignore it. It will likely go away if you export and package it for distribution.

2: This is just personal preference, but I like to put a ton of "help" lines in my modules. For example:
    /id NPC Name (to set up the GMs ID so he can speak though NPCs that don't have stat sheets)
    Draggable text for descriptions (there was some, but more will save you typing)
    Set up some macros for common combat things (Example: WP tests, Toughness tests, etc. - anything you find yourself typing over and over)

If you plan on exporting and sharing the module, or running it several times, plan on editing it after your first game (and maybe others) to add things to assist you in running the game.

Remeber, the draggable text box is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by grimm182
    Well i have sent the adventure off to nezzir to do a first run proof, so as soon as i hear back i will give everyone an update on how soon it will be ready!

If all goes well i will move on with "Through the Drakwald" from the rulebook, then decide if i want to do the "Paths of the Damned"! (which all lead nicely into each other for a starting thru 3rd career campaign)
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:
    WFRP2 for FGI, WFRP2 for FGII, Dark Heresy for FGII,
    Savage Fallout for FGII and Savage Worlds, FGII help mod.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fgvtt/files

good to hear, do you happen to have a small adventure that illustrates how you set this up? If not i think i know what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by grimm182
    good to hear, do you happen to have a small adventure that illustrates how you set this up? If not i think i know what you are saying.
    I'm sorry man, I don't. The only ones I have are the ones I'm running for my group, which I'd like to eventually run for this community as well. After I've ran them a few times I'll put them on Azurea, till then I'm keeping them secret so as not to spoil them
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:

ah, i understand. Well last question for a while then...

Do you think it needs anymore art assets? handouts, tokens or maps.
    I was thinking to add more than really needed so dms can improvise a bit.

Otherwise ill try to put everyones suggestions in this week, maybe someone can do a test run on late sunday?

Well, too much text and not enough visual can be boring. FG games lag a bit if you're not careful. Pictures and things are always an asset. Custom tokens and maps are always welcome. Pictures are generally only used once, so keep them to a min and use them for impact, but maps and tokens are on the screen for extended periods of time so don't skimp on them.

One of my pet peeves is misuse of, or sloppy use of, the fog of war. I hate it when the map is not revealed properly or there are no well defined borders. It just bugs me. When I make maps, I make sure there is a well defined border and "dead zone". When I reveal the map, I do so in large swathes to give the players room to move around in.

One of my favorite maps are multi-stage, or multi-state maps. I'll have to run my scenario "A Chance Encounter" for you so you can see what I'm talking about.

Know your tags. /story is a great tool. Some of the best GMs I've played with have made great use of the halt/continue icon and /story combined with pre-gen text. Remember the /id command as well. It's great for talking through NPCs you don't have statblocks for. If you're using my Warhammer ruleset, there's a help module in there that has a lot of the commands. It's a bit out of date because I haven't seen an updated help file for FGII yet, but most of the commands are still relavent.

PM me if you want to do a speed run through your scenario and I'll give you some notes.
    Last edited by nezzir; February 4th, 2008 at 15:47.
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:

That would be great, since im neither a great fg player nor a fg DM (yet)! look for a PM!

Ok Nezzir, i sent off a more complet verision using the tip that others told me about on the forums, there is a bit of art to do on some maps, they are not needed..but i think will add to the module...so check you email.
    maybe we can do a test run this weekend?

Hi

I've tried to install warhammer rpg for fg1 ruleset version 3.01 putting the file in the archive into the ruleset folder of fantasygrounds, but when i try to join or host a game game get crashed.

Any suggestion ?

Fantasy Grounds 1? The ruleset you're talking about is for FG1, not FG2.

There's a readme file in the archive that explains how the paths should look. That's the only reason I could think of that it would crash. That ruleset has been stable for a long time.

It's been a while since I've looked at it, and I can't remember the exact structure, but I think it's in the ruleset directory under WFRP2. It is case sensitive.
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:

Yes, Fantasy Grounds 1.5, the older version of the rulsets works but not the 3.01 version.

Thread Information