FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 29 of 32 First ... 192728293031 ... Last
    @Lonekus I believe damned is asking for your use case. What's the game mechanic you are trying to accomplish with this? There may be a different way to get what you're going for.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Trying to find a copy of that Knave sheet mentioned in the first page but I am coming up empty with my searches. Is there a master list of XCore content I can reference?

I'm setting up a new game using XCore. I have created a simple character and added it to the Combat Tracker, but I keep receiving the following two errors when I try to do pretty much anything linked to the CT (e.g. resize the CT, adjust char wounds):
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "W:ct_entry"]:153: attempt to index global 'sub_targeting' (a nil value)
    [ERROR] window: Control (targetingicon) anchoring to an undefined control (sub_targeting) in windowclass (ct_entry)

Could I be missing something basic in terms of set-up to prevent this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrddin View Post
    I'm setting up a new game using XCore. I have created a simple character and added it to the Combat Tracker, but I keep receiving the following two errors when I try to do pretty much anything linked to the CT (e.g. resize the CT, adjust char wounds):
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "W:ct_entry"]:153: attempt to index global 'sub_targeting' (a nil value)
    [ERROR] window: Control (targetingicon) anchoring to an undefined control (sub_targeting) in windowclass (ct_entry)

Could I be missing something basic in terms of set-up to prevent this?
    Please rerun updater and test again.

Thank you damned, that's fixed it.

I just tried this ruleset out.
    Thanks for making it available.

(1)How can i make initiative random with a dice roll?
    My npcs are just placeholders so I can populate the CT and have an initiative order ,but I have had to give them each a number and I wanted random initiative each turn.
    What is the step to do this?

(2) For some reason 2 of my NPCs are greyed out in the CT. I have encountered this in other rulesets ,so it may not be ruleset related. But how can I make them not greyed out in CT?

Blog Entries
    Add an init value to the NPC sheet - something like 1d6 or 1d10 or 1d10+[Agility|a]
    double click on the Order field in the CT to roll that NPCs Init

I have added init of 1d10 to all my place holder npcs.
    Then I double click on init box in CT.
    This gives them an initiative.
    Then I can start next round.
    Seems functional.

BUT could 2 other options be introduced please?

(1) Auto roll of initiative for all npcs ,maybe pcs too (toggle all , npcs only) ,at start of round - an option YES or NO in options.

(2)RE ROLL initiative for every new round -an option YES or NO in options.
    (how most old school D&D works -Roll 1d6: For each side at the start of each round.)(but i will choose the die type though on npc sheet)

Without an auto initiative option ,
    I have to double click the init box on the CT for all my participants at the end of every round.
    It is a bit slow.
    It would be perfect with auto initiative.

What do the 2 boxes in the middle signify on the CT?
    The 1st is health, 2nd is wounds , 3rd not sure , 4th not sure , 5th is INIT.
    Last edited by seanny; March 28th, 2024 at 04:28.

I have worked out the 2 middle boxes in CT are user configurable ,n1 and n2 I am using for basic attack and basic defence now.
    So all good on that front.

I have progressed a bit further with using the NPC sheet now (rather than all my hot bar die strings -they are good too as backup).

New question I have given my Troll NPC a punch attack ,which works perfectly. This ATTACK shows up in sword tab in CT -I like that.
    I click on this and the dice rolls.
    I have set this up in the attack tabs as shown in screen.
    (maybe not perfectly BUT it does work well).
    Very good.

I have given all my NPCs a defence string ,which I have to drag to roll the dice. Does work.
    BUT ,my question -
    how do I make the DEFENCE (shield tab in CT) function like my ATTACK (sword tab in CT) ,where I just click to get dice roll ,rather than drag my dice string?
    How do I make the defence the same functionality as the attack (ie I click to roll dice) ?
    For the DEFENCE CT tab ,is there some tabs I can access in my NPC sheet (like I have shown for attack tabs in NPC sheet in my screen) ?
    So that in effect I can mirror the click only functionality of the ATTACK.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seanny View Post
    Without an auto initiative option ,
    I have to double click the init box on the CT for all my participants at the end of every round.
    It is a bit slow.
    It would be perfect with auto initiative.

What do the 2 boxes in the middle signify on the CT?
    The 1st is health, 2nd is wounds , 3rd not sure , 4th not sure , 5th is INIT.
    I will keep your init request in mind.
    They are user attributable fields n1 and n2.
    You might use the for Armour, Damage Reduction, Speed or many other things.

Thread Information