DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Ranks

Ranks

Hello, I had a few questions/feedbacks about rank.

First, a feedback: The flag officer ranks should go up to 5 pips. 2=Rear Admiral, 3=Vice Admiral, 4=Admiral, and 5=Fleet Admiral. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki...s#24th_century for more info. (Commodore also isn't really used in the TNG era, instead we get Rear Admirals Lower and Upper Half, but I don't know if it matters that much.)

Second a question: is it possible to modify the names or images that go with a rank? I'm thinking of two specific examples, but it could generally apply to anyone not in 24th-century Starfleet. TOS starfleet has its own rank symbols, and then Klingons have their own rank structure entirely. The export for a character just has a number tied to rank, so it would be cool if the character "type" determined the rank symbols and names used.

The information I used was from the core rulebook and the insignia's as well. So this is from the source material provided. As for changing it, it is coded and would require an extension which at this time, not able to release any code per the publisher's request. I did provide a generic rank insignia for those cases that would not fit.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Ok, I see that now, on page 54. I would consider that an error, but as it's from the source I suppose that's that. What is the generic rank insignia and how do we access it? When I click through the ranks, it cycles from 'none/unknown' up to the fleet admiral, then back to none/unknown.

Yeah the one with the "?" would be the generic rank. I wasn't going to put in the rank like this and thought it added something. Since I only had access to the core rulebook it can leave design to be focused and tunneled on that source material. I will make a note of this and think of a solution that might make this better.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information