Starfinder Playlist

The Dreaded Update Reset

I'm curious if I'm missing an option somewhere. Every time I update my FGU, which is pretty much weekly as I play on Friday nights, my layout is completely reset each time. The window is shrunk and my dice tower is shifted up due to the initial smaller screen size. Is there is a way to "keep current layout" when applying a patch so after launching, the screen size and item locations remain the same?

Blog Entries
    The window size does reset after an update. I dont know of any way to keep it.
    You have most likely moved your Dice Tower at some point.
    Right click on it, unlock it, right click again and reset, and then right click and lock it again.

Yeah, I move the Dice Tower and then relock it but each time there is an update, it's shifted up again due to the window resizing. I guess it's just something we have to do and there isn't a setting I was missing. Thank you for the reply.

Blog Entries
    That is what you are doing wrong.
    Stop moving it.
    Unlock it. Reset Position. Relock it. Dont move it.

Use the Reset Position.
    It will position it x pixels from bottom and y pixels from right.
    When you move it, it sets it to x pixels from top and y pixels from left.

My screen layout never changes with any updates. Only time it changes is if I move it from the 4k monitor to the 2k monitor where it all goes borked. So I don't do that..

Have you tried re-sizing the FG window, to the size you normally use, when you're still on the launch screen, rather than waiting till you're in the game proper? I have to do this (stretched over 2 ultrawide monitors) or everything is moved to attempt to fit it in the smaller, update sized window.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Simon

Thread Information