STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Sorry, I didn't explain what I meant very well....
    I was thinking it'd be great to be able to track the duration of a bout of madness in rounds, and possibly temp insanity in hours. That's something keepers have to do manually.
    Yep, FG calculates the onset on insanity very well.

Quote Originally Posted by StickClip View Post
    Sorry, I didn't explain what I meant very well....
    I was thinking it'd be great to be able to track the duration of a bout of madness in rounds, and possibly temp insanity in hours. That's something keepers have to do manually.
    Yep, FG calculates the onset on insanity very well.
    Bout of Madness is already trackable. Just create an effect called Bout of Madness (or name it the specific madness), apply it to the investigator, and give it a duration in no. of rounds.
    It will automatically count down each round and when it reaches 0, it's automatically removed.

Temp madness is technically also trackable, but requires a bit more setup.

1. Enable the calendar module (Module >> Calendars)
    2. Double-click on the Gregorian calendar
    3. Set the date
    4. Install and enable the free extension: Clock Adjuster

Then, like before, create an effect (called Temporary Insanity or similar), apply it the investigator, and give it a duration in no. of rounds which is = 600 * [no. of hours].
    So for 4 hours, you'd set the effect to be 600*4 = 2400 rounds. The duration will automatically count down based on how much time has passed when using the Clock Adjuster to advance time.

Examples of both
    insanity tracking.png

Very cool! Thanks HeckoX. I'll set this up for my next game (would test it up now but I managed to mess up my character sheets).

Thread Information