DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Noobs Unite! Feel free to learn with me...

I bought the Fantasy Grounds software almost two years ago, but never played more than a few games. I have really been craving some good old fashioned PnP gaming and am ready to get started full throttle now.

So, I am mostly new to FG and need to learn it over from scratch. If you are new also and want to join my server to just figure out how everything works, drop me a message or reply. I am in US Mountain Time (GMT-7) and will be playing around with the software in the evenings. I've mostly just played old-school AD&D, so I will also be teaching myself 3.5 and just have the three core books. I have been a DM off and on for about 25 years now, so eventually I plan to start a homegrown campaign.

I have the Full version of Fantasy Grounds so as I understand it you will at least need the Lite version to connect to my server, the demo version won't work.

I want to learn as well as a player, but there are 3 basic problems, 1st- GMT+1, 2nd- Noob and 3th- I never played in english, but I can't try.

If you think you can manage all this, just tell me something.

regards

Hi, I am definitely interested (although I am GMT). I have also been playing for many years (on and off) and mainly played AD&D, along with a few of the other old classics (T&T, Traveller, Car Wars). I am willing to learn and play most things. Let me know if you are interested, but I guess that it depends upon days and times.

I could help

I am at EST so depending on what day and time you want to play I could help out. I know the DND 3.5 system fairly well and could help with clarifications if needed.

Similar situation

I'm in the US Pacific timezone (GMT -8). Just bought FG, but I haven't played an RPG in 15 years, so everything will be new to me. Ultimately, I'm thinking I'd like to try out Savage Worlds or d20 Modern, but I think 3.5 would be fine as a way to learn. I'd appreciate an opportunity to join in if the time slot fits my schedule.

Blog Entries
    I sent everyone my Yahoo ID. I got a chance earlier to look around just a bit, but have barely scratched the surface...

I'm a noob looking to learn how to use FG. I only have the demo atm but I really like what I see and will buy the full version if I can find people to play with. I haven't played d20 or 3.5 but I used to play AD&D often and I've read a few d20 D&D books that I borrowed from a friend, so I could learn it quick enough.

I'm reasonably new to FG and was also an old school AD&D guy. Rather than learn 3.5 (and FG), I stumbled across Castles & Crusades, which takes all the best of 3.5 and meshes it with old school AD&D. There's also a Fantasy Grounds ruleset for C&C.

Basically, if you played AD&D, C&C is the new updated version of it. You'd be up and running in 10 minutes, leaving all your spare time to mastering FG instead of 3.5.

Anyways, thought I'd mention it cause it helped our group so much. You can check it out here: https://www.trolllord.com/newsite/cnc/index.html

And here: https://www.trolllord.com/newsite/cnc/why_play_cnc.html

Interested in playing

I'm interested in trying Fantasy Grounds out also. I'm located in PST (-8 GMT) so if there's any more room to play or if someone wants to start a game on the weeknights let me know.

Thread Information