FG Spreadshirt Swag

How do you remove official items from a campaign?

Hello all,

I am running a campaign and I want to remove or hide items provided in the source modules (ie. Traveller Core Rules and Central Supply Catalogue) in a way that I can give the players access to the core modules but not see the items I do not want them to see. I only want to remove or hide them from the players in the campaign and do not want to modify the master copies of the official Traveller modules (which I don't think I can do anyway).

Is there a way of doing that?

What I am trying to do is remove armour and weapons provided in the core modules that I do not want to use in the campaign. Instead I am using a group of newly created replacement armour and weapons. I have no problems with how to create new armour and weapons, then encapsulate them in a module and make that available in the campaign. The problem is that when the players open the "Items" box they see a whole pile of items I do not want them to see or use. I know I can filter the view by "Group", but this still leaves it open to players to pick items I do not want them to and the items I do not want used are still all there when someone hits the "Armour" or "Weapon" buttons on the Items box.

Another question, what is the "Modifiers" field in the weapon item box for? I cannot find a weapon that uses it.

regards
    Craig

Hi Cuirassier, this is a very interesting topic. At first I thought there might be an easy trick but I have kind of gone through all the options I am aware of. Because Items are part of the modules reference data it's an all or nothing deal.

A long and possibly painful solution is to copy all of the Items you want to use in your campaign and export it as a module. Then, make the Core rules un-sharable in your campaign then and load the Item module. Then tell your players they can go to the mall.

I'd be interested if there is a more elegant solution though.

Cheer,
    Greg

Hi GregRex, I have created a module with the new armour and weapon items but removing player access to the supply catalogue and core rules removes too much useful information to be feasible.

It sounds like there is no option to achieve what I want to achieve unless someone else has a smart idea.

Why can't you just tell players not to use CSC items and use only items from your module?
    Or do you have such a distrustful relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Serg Barbeau View Post
    Why can't you just tell players not to use CSC items and use only items from your module?
    In my experience -including restricting items for rulesets other than MgT2E- this is the only way to do it. You simply have to get your players to agree to only only use items from the list in your custom module. I've done it in a handful of campaigns and have never had problems getting players to buy in to it.

I have no problems creating the weapon and armour items or giving the players access to them. My question is purely one of book keeping and the desire one to remove excess items to make things easier for me and my players by reducing the amount of items they need to search through to find the ones I am using. Distrust is not an issue.

It appears that it is not really feasible as I want my players to have access to the core rules and other documents.

Thread Information