DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Legends of the Five Rings in '08

Looking for a small band of brave men and women to enter a world where honor is a force more powerful than steel. Rokugan is a land filled with samurai, shugenja, monks, and courtiers. L5R is one of the best asian fantasy settings ever.

Number of players: 3-5 mature players (keep the number small to allow ample time for char development/shared spot light)

Style: Roleplaying over roll-playing here. A well rounded group will be needed as not all problems can be solved by cold steel and magic. Intrigue & Mystery style. A thinking man's RPG

Time Period/Book edition: Using the 3rd edition L5R book but set during the 1st edition material.

Day/Time in RL: Looking to start playing this Jan. The day of the week depends on the general group. It will be a once/wk game from 1900 EST to 2100/2200 EST.

Looking for mature people who can commit to a once a week (2-3 hr session) game. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if your interested/ have any questions

I'm interested, but I don't know much about the background of the game. Will that be a big problem? I know enough to know that I want to play a character from the Scorpin clan.
    A 'normal' person is just someone you don't know very well.

Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rokugan for a brief on the major clans. Note that in the 1st edition setting the Mantis remains a minor clan. A Scorpion really wouldn't gel with the campaign concept.

Sounds interesting, but I know only a bit about the setting and haven't seen the rules. Is the 3ed book the only thing I would need to pick up?

Just the corebook, and I will go over noted changes in the campaign from the 3rd edition book...IE: As mentioned above you could play a Mantis char..but note they are a minor clan not one of the Great Clans.

Hopefully the game day will settle on a day I can play 8) !
    --Shin

At this time we are using a default day of Tue nights at 7pm EST until 9-10pm EST. Currently have two players and I'll be running a prequel adventure Tue the 1st. Currently have a Kitsuki Investigator and a Shinjo Bushi. I'll email you and I hope you can join!

Hi, I am very interested in a LoT5R campaign, if you don't mind a european player. I have some of the books and know a scattering of japanese folklore and would lvoe the chance to try things out. What is the setup for the band of adventurers? ie: Is it predominantly a single clan adventure?

I would create a character to fit the situation but from the top of my head I am thinking of a samurai, clan would bea decision I make based on the applicability of working with the others and after I have read up on the material a bit more.

I'd also definitely be interested. I have the 3rd ed. rokugan corebook. I've also read a bunch of the books. I'm good to play on Tuesdays also. I'd probably play a Crane, probably from the Daidoji family. I don't know, I guess I'd need to see what the other players are doing. PM because I'd really like to join this.

Egads! where were all of you Rokugani a few weeks ago!! Due to a lack of general interest I've switched my Tue night to SW-Evernight which quickly attracted a nice group of 6 playing. However, I may consider running an L5R game if interest is still here in a few wks..have to find another day to run it. Also WH40K RPG is coming...so will see

Thread Information