DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 13 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    This is a great idea, and I will investigate it, but I suspect that this isn't really feasible. Tokens don't have an accessible z-order property, which means it is impossible for me to put an little graphic only the top-most token. This means I would need to put the graphic on every token in a stack, and that means I would need to calculate whether every token overlaps any other token. Currently this expensive check is only done for one token when you click on a token (i.e. it's only run once every mouse click event). But in order to put a graphic on the tokens it would need to happen every time a token moves, and that could end up running many times per second as you drag a token. And that would have a very noticeable performance impact.

I'll see if I can get actual measurements on the performance though. Maybe it's not as bad as I think.
    Token.onDragEnd might do what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Token.onDragEnd might do what you need.
    Curse you for suggesting reasonable solutions to my problems! Seriously though thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Xerophilex View Post
    Thanks for considering it! I hope there's a way to implement the feature without too much of a performance hit.
    Thanks to bmos' suggestion I threw together a basic version of this and updated the Forge. You'll get v1.8.0 with an update that adds two game options: one to enable the token icons, and one to control where on the token they're placed. Be warned, I only tested with 8 tokens and performance seemed okay, but with more tokens and especially on lower end hardware you could run into stuttering when opening images or moving tokens around.

The game option to disable the icon is per client, so players can enable or disable it separately from the GM. Just in case your players are running into issues while you are not.

Curse you for suggesting reasonable solutions to my problems! Seriously though thanks for the tip

Thanks to bmos' suggestion I threw together a basic version of this and updated the Forge. You'll get v1.8.0 with an update that adds two game options: one to enable the token icons, and one to control where on the token they're placed. Be warned, I only tested with 8 tokens and performance seemed okay, but with more tokens and especially on lower end hardware you could run into stuttering when opening images or moving tokens around.

The game option to disable the icon is per client, so players can enable or disable it separately from the GM. Just in case your players are running into issues while you are not.
    Thank you! And just in time for my weekend games too. Much appreciated

After the latest update, Natural Selection appears to work if tokens are partially overlapping, but it doesn't seem to work any more if one token is completely on top of another.

Hey all, these past few weeks I have been getting an easily reproducible error from this addon. Moving between maps causes Natural Selection to spit out the following error:

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_actor_display.lua"]:501: attempt to index local 'cImage' (a userdata value)

This happens when you move token from one map to another map. It does it even when I delete the tokens first and then add them to the new map.
    Very Respectfully,
    Erik Wick

Join our Discord server by clicking this link:
    https://discord.gg/w68wEWZxUs

Quote Originally Posted by ErikDWick View Post
    Hey all, these past few weeks I have been getting an easily reproducible error from this addon. Moving between maps causes Natural Selection to spit out the following error:

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_actor_display.lua"]:501: attempt to index local 'cImage' (a userdata value)

This happens when you move token from one map to another map. It does it even when I delete the tokens first and then add them to the new map.
    That has happened to our games as well but I could not figure out what was causing the issue. Good detective work there!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikDWick View Post

I'm unable to reproduce this by moving a token from one map to another. Do you have any other extensions loaded?

Also, Natural Selection does not in any way interact with the piece of code in the error. That is in core RPG and deals with displaying an enlarged token in the upper right of the image when you hover over a token. NS doesn't have any functionality when hovering the mouse over a token.

Oh well, I guess it is back to the hunt for the conflict.

I'm unable to reproduce this by moving a token from one map to another. Do you have any other extensions loaded?

Also, Natural Selection does not in any way interact with the piece of code in the error. That is in core RPG and deals with displaying an enlarged token in the upper right of the image when you hover over a token. NS doesn't have any functionality when hovering the mouse over a token.
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Oh well, I guess it is back to the hunt for the conflict.
    Nephranka, I'm not able to see this error either.

I've seen this error before though with Combat Highlighter, do you happen to use that ext?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Nephranka, I'm not able to see this error either.

I've seen this error before though with Combat Highlighter, do you happen to use that ext?
    I do use it. Some maybe that is the culprit? It is hard to replicate the error which in turn makes it hard to track down the ext. I will experiment with that one.

Thread Information