5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Drag a linkfield into the chat

I have some issue with windowreferencecontrol, or rather with linkfield declared in CoreRPG. Everything works fine except when I try to drag in the chat. In that case the name that appears is that of the object where the button is located. Clicking the link in the chat opens the right destination.

In my case I have a linkfield associated with a stringfield. The field contains the name of a profession. Both are inside a spell window (that belongs to that profession).
    If I click on the link, the right profession opens up for me. If I drag and drop into the chat, I get a link with the spell name, which is wrong, but that opens the profession.

In the DB it seems that everything is fine. I have the linkfield with the right class and the right recordname.

How do I get the right name in chat?
    FGU ULTIMATE License
    Click here for RPG Music or here for Dwarves songs on Spotify

I solved managing the onDragStart and filling every draginfo element, but I can't figure where the original linkfield code was.
    FGU ULTIMATE License

Ok, edited the post because I realized that I had replied as if I were in the other thread.

I was doing some tests on linkfilds and found that if you drag them into chat they don't show the correct name.

I tried on other systems as well and the problem is there as well.
    take for example the 5e and open the classes, select the Figher and go to the Other tab. Now drag any of the linkfields you find in chat. You'll find that they always show Fighter, but open the correct link, such as Armor or Saving Throws.

As mentioned before, I solved it by managing
    onDragStart event and filling every draginfo element,

Old (and wrong) answer
    I don't know if this is the answer you wanted. I'm basically experimenting. I'm trying to figure out how to make two nodes of the DB interact.

Specifically I have a window A which contains the list of skills and a window B which contains the groups. In window B I can add skills to a
    group, but what interested me is that in window A there was a trace of which groups contain the skill shown.
    What I also wanted is for this information to be updated in real time.
    Last edited by Xarxus; December 18th, 2022 at 18:36. Reason: Wrong answer
    FGU ULTIMATE License

Thread Information