5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: new logo

new logo

I really appreciate the new FGU logo seen in the new beta release. Can we hope to see also a new background? The old cartography is (off course in my opinion) very dated and probably don't send a message of modernity to new players.
    Thanks to consider that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    I really appreciate the new FGU logo seen in the new beta release. Can we hope to see also a new background? The old cartography is (off course in my opinion) very dated and probably don't send a message of modernity to new players.
    The map in the background should start sprouting trees and rivers and other features over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    What would a modern look be from your perspective? Art is subjective and I often see comments about dated look in FG, though other VTTs are simply having none or basic web interface implemented. Just curious
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

That's simple: take a look for example at the FG Store and advertisment emails: I show them has modern looking. Now see this forum or the old cartography loading background. I put that in the dated look.
    It is clearly subjective though, I agree. But I think that those little details could be important for the overall feeling of a new user toward the first contact with the software. Like when a customer enter a home he consider to buy.
    The first impression is essential.

I fully agree that first impression is essential. Also updated visuals in the CoreRPG and maybe overall re-styling of the product. But it is easier said than done, knowing how things are themed.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    What would a modern look be from your perspective? Art is subjective and I often see comments about dated look in FG, though other VTTs are simply having none or basic web interface implemented. Just curious
    Step 1. Hire Sir Motte.
    Step 2. Done.

Only kind of joking.

Thread Information