STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

Dragonlance 5e and the original DL1-16 modules

I'm reading a description of the new Dragonlance 5e campaign setting. I know it's supposed to be a different experience than the original but do the original DL1-16 modules figure into the 5e campaign setting at all? Can 5e characters go there or is it meant to take you along a different path?
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Different area from the books/DL1-16 for the 5e module. To quote the project lead:
    “This is a new story,” Schneider said. “We’re not beholden to the original Dragonlance adventures. We’re not beholden to the novels. All of the heroes we know and love are out there doing their thing, but it’s a big world and there’s a huge world-spanning war going on. Let’s tell these other stories. Let’s really put you and your characters at the center of these tales and see what roles they have in turning the tide of this larger conflict.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    Different area from the books/DL1-16 for the 5e module. To quote the project lead:
    Do you know if there are plans to convert the other supplement "Warriors of Krynn" to Fantasy Grounds? I was just wondering how the mass battle of the lance is played out in Shadow of the Dragon Queen.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Do you know if there are plans to convert the other supplement "Warriors of Krynn" to Fantasy Grounds? I was just wondering how the mass battle of the lance is played out in Shadow of the Dragon Queen.
    Since it's a board game, I doubt it. SW certainly doesn't have a license to convert it, and FG really is not designed to run board games, so I doubt the devs would be adding such capability to FG. (In the distant past they have said they are not interested in doing so.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information