STAR TREK 2d20

Level of automation in the SotDL official ruleset

This game somehow managed to slip under my radar and since I was starving for some dark fantasy, SoDL seems like a good candidate for few short adventures because of the small time investment to learn the system and prepare the table. Unfortunately, all potential players now probe for game in Foundry, instead of FGU: landing pages, a lot of visual effect mods that enhance the online play and "modern interface and visuals"...

What is the level of automation offered by the ruleset for skills, talents and combat rolls? Are monster attacks and abilities automated?

I want to position FGU and show the benefits for them compared to Foundry. The only "official" thing I found is the character creation video.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    The game does a pretty good job of accurately calculating all your boons and banes from various sources for attack rolls. Chargen is reasonable with the exception that it does not currently support selecting a second Expert Path as your Master Path. We are not yet sure if that is possible to automate.

Half damage saves are calculated. Effects work - they are a more visual effect than the CoreRPG ones.

The next thing on the Automation front that we will be tackling is Immunities and Resistances to damage.

We have two more videos underway but they will be ready next week at the earliest, probably more like early Christmas presents.

We are pushing updates pretty much every other week and there is a good chunk of content available already.

Anything reported is fixed within a week, sometimes same day.

It is a solid ruleset, especially considering it is so new. It handles effects without the need to code anything, you can create effects by putting bonuses/penalties in the boxes. I think it is one of the best ways of doing effects that I have seen. Character creation is made easy by drag and dropping stuff to your character sheet. Although you still need to manually move a few things over to your sheet, it makes character creation really fast and easy

There seem to be regular updates and releases and overall I am happy I bought it
    Last edited by Skellan; December 6th, 2022 at 20:46. Reason: I have sausages for fingers
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    It is a solid ruleset, especially considering it is so new. It handles effects without the need to code anything, you can create effects by putting bonuses/penalties in the boxes. I think it is one of the best ways of doing effects that I have seen. Character creation is made easy by drag and dropping stuff to your character sheet. Although you still need to manually move a few things over to your sheet, it makes character creation really fast and easy

There seem to be regular updates and releases and overall I am happy I bought it
    what he said, particularly the way effects are now handled, very user friendly

Just wanted to say, this ruleset rocks! (as does it's underlying system but kudos to the developers for integrating it all so well)

Thread Information