5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Screen Scrolling?

Folks,

I can’t seem to get the basic windows (I.e. map, chat, dice, character sheet, combat tracker) to fit in my FG window. I’m using a 1080 line laptop, which should be able to get a useable setup.

Is it possible to scroll the FG screen left/right to get more useable screen real estate?

Also, does anyone have a recommended window setup (for players and DMs)?

Thanks!

Yes, the FG window is just like any other window. Grab the bottom right and drag to make it bigger horizontally and vertically. Grab the left or right side to expand it. Click and hold the title bar to move the whole window. You can also click on the square button top right on the start screen to maximize the window.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, the FG window is just like any other window. Grab the bottom right and drag to make it bigger horizontally and vertically. Grab the left or right side to expand it. Click and hold the title bar to move the whole window. You can also click on the square button top right on the start screen to maximize the window.
    My FG window is already maximized, so I’m just trying to get things to fit. I was hoping there would be a way to get more screen real estate (e.g. scroll the FG window).

Thanks for your reply.

I can't recall the slash command off hand, but if you try "/asdf" or something like that, FGU will give you a list of slash commands you can give.
    One of them allows you to have FGU as a whole zoom in or out. I would recommend using that command to play around with the numbers to give you more screen room. Images/text will shrink though as you zoom out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    I can't recall the slash command off hand, but if you try "/asdf" or something like that, FGU will give you a list of slash commands you can give.
    One of them allows you to have FGU as a whole zoom in or out. I would recommend using that command to play around with the numbers to give you more screen room. Images/text will shrink though as you zoom out.
    I have enough trouble reading some parts of the screen already, especially the side tabs on the character sheet.

Barring anything cool like an ALT-TAB that would toggle between two “screens” (or left and right sides within the FG window), the best thing might be to minimize the map and bring it up again. Is there any way to program a toggle button to Minimize/Maximize the Map Window?

Also, is there any way to Hide/Unhide the menu bar on the right side of the FG window?

Have you tried putting the map in the background? That way it auto fills the screen, but all other windows automatically sit on top of the map. Once put in the background, you can no longer move the map window box without first unpinning it.
    You can put the map in the background by hitting the arrow (pointing to roughly the 2 o'clock position) in the top right corner of the map/image window.

You can compress/hide the menu bar on the right by using the small arrow button at the bottom right of FGU. Clicking it should cycle it between 2 different layers/levels of compression/hiddenness
    Last edited by Dudin; December 2nd, 2022 at 20:11.

Blog Entries
    You can not make the FG window larger than your display screen, i.e. to make the window scrollable. /scaleui is the chat command being referenced, but it will make text etc smaller (or larger) and you said you don't want that. The sidebar menu can be changed to icons, but can not be hidden.

On a 1080 screen you are probably going to have to compromise and only keep one or two windows open at a time (i.e. map and CT). You can look at the extension FG Tabber, as well as Better Menus to see if you like what those do to the UI for you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can not make the FG window larger than your display screen, i.e. to make the window scrollable. /scaleui is the chat command being referenced, but it will make text etc smaller (or larger) and you said you don't want that. The sidebar menu can be changed to icons, but can not be hidden.

On a 1080 screen you are probably going to have to compromise and only keep one or two windows open at a time (i.e. map and CT). You can look at the extension FG Tabber, as well as Better Menus to see if you like what those do to the UI for you.
    Thanks! I can’t find either of those extensions on the Forge. The only filter I have is “5E compatible” and they aren’t showing. They also don’t show with “Any Ruleset” selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    Have you tried putting the map in the background? That way it auto fills the screen, but all other windows automatically sit on top of the map. Once put in the background, you can no longer move the map window box without first unpinning it.
    You can put the map in the background by hitting the arrow (pointing to roughly the 2 o'clock position) in the top right corner of the map/image window.

You can compress/hide the menu bar on the right by using the small arrow button at the bottom right of FGU. Clicking it should cycle it between 2 different layers/levels of compression/hiddenness
    Cool! How do you “un-background” the map?

Also, can the backgrounding/un-backgrounding be saved to one of the action slots (at the bottom of the screen)?

Thread Information