DICE PACKS BUNDLE

D&D noob question: creating custom weapon or item for your character

As D&D noob who doesn't know much about playing or the lore. Is there away to create special starting items or weapon for your character? I've never played D&D but hoping to start with Fantasy Grounds Unity and a solo adventure like Iron sworn or D&D 5e with Mythic game emulator as DM. I think its possible to "home brew"? your own items and other custom content.

I want to play as a reluctant shaman who inherited a special family heirloom. An old wooden ring carved from your ancient ancestral tree, that my character wears on his left thumb. The Item will be useless at first, But with more shamanic training you learn that the ring can summon a magical ancestral bow. The Bow should be nothing special at first other than looking cool, each bow limb rapidly growing out from his thumb ring into your left hand. It should do normal long bow or short bow damage at first. I want to then later be able to upgrade it with other missing family heirlooms (thumb ring worn on the right hand) Giving you the ability to fire elemental arrows. Nothing too strong or crazy. As a traditional archer in real life. I often imagine how cool it would be to fire or frost arrows depending on the situation. So I'm looking for away to create this type of item in fantasy grounds. I want to make sure it's not to overpowered, but be able to evolve its abilities with my shaman character as he grows.

Oh and hi everybody

Welcome to the FG forums!

You can add your own content into Fantasy Grounds. Some useful links below:

D&D 5E section of the Wiki User Guide: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...D+D+5E+Ruleset The "5E Item Sheet and Treasure Parcels" page gives details on how to add your own items.
    "How do I..." videos: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...y+by+Zacchaeus
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for info, will give it a look.

Thread Information