DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Transfer map metadata within same campaign

Please see attachment ==> LOSmetadataXfer2newMap.jpg

I want to add add the walls from the layer-image outlined in red
    to the layer-image outlined in green.

The layer-image outlined in green is the same as the
    layer-image outlined in red except it is compressed and
    with additional graphics (i.e. same walls, same size)

Once the layer-image outline in green has the walls transferred then I want to delete the layer-image outlined in green.

This is within the same campaign and the same image record. I exported to .xml but there doesn’t seem to be any import
    mechanism from one layer-image to the other.

1. Can this be done in the same image record between layers?

2. If new image record is created from layer-image outlined in
    green how do I import “walls” to that image record?

I did see scattered references to a module being created and yet I could not find any
    text/image step by step to create a specific map module for LOS “walls”, or find
    anyway to transfer LOS “walls” metadata from either one layer to the other or from
    one image record to another within the same campaign.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Novacian; December 1st, 2022 at 19:03.

Novacian a.k.a. Aulderyn Xyrosum
    Note: my name is not "novocaine" mispelled

Fate is the roll of the dice, destiny the play of the game.

If you use the Go Advanced button in the forum message creation/reply, you can attach images.

JPG

There isn't a way to transfer LoS data to any particular layer. The easiest way to achieve what you want is to select the layer you don't want to use and then click on the layers icon on the top menu bar. Then select the colour picker and turn the Alpha channel (the slider next to the 'A') all the way down to zero. You could also make that layer visible to the GM only.

You could also right click on the layer with the LoS data and select export meta data. Then delete the whole map from the campaign images list. Close FG and then place the xml file that you exported into the same folder that you have the image that you want to use. Open up FGU again and import that image into the campaign and the LoS should come with it. The name of the image and the name of the xml file must be identical for this to work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks much, Zacchaeus, option 2 is what I was looking for as it's available now to all campaigns and working fine!

Novacian a.k.a. Aulderyn Xyrosum
    Note: my name is not "novocaine" mispelled

Fate is the roll of the dice, destiny the play of the game.

Thread Information