DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Better Character Sheet?

I searched back through 2007, but didn't find anything....

Has anyone made a character sheet mod that looks like your basic D&D 3E character sheet? Like what PCGEN prints out? I'm finding the default character sheet somewhat lacking in details.

I'm not surprised. I've been doing some ruleset modifications that involve character sheet changes.

Since the only way to see the changes is to start up FG each time to verify the placement of each screen object (or at least reload the ruleset), it takes quite a bit of time to make any serious layout changes.

Cheers,
    JPG

I guess I don't find the default character sheet that lacking in detail....

I"m not surprised either for two reasons.

Building a character sheet from scratch is one of the most difficult things to do in FG2.

Because of screen resolution being so low compared to printing resolutions (72 ish vs 150-300) it would be difficult to put as much information on a page as the printed sheet. An 11 inch piece of paper will barely fit on a 19 inch LCD 4:3 screen so you would need a screen about twice as big to fit the default 3.5 character sheet.

Great...

Alas. Somehow, I will cope.

I wanted to use the NineShadowEyes character sheet....

but I couldn't find it!

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    I wanted to use the NineShadowEyes character sheet....

[INDENT]but I couldn't find it!
    +22 Hide skill. You'll never find it.

I took to playing with a paper character sheet next to me, since I was so new to D20, I figured it wouldn't hurt to have something that breaks up the modifiers some more, and gave me margins to scribble in (and a place to post some extra post-its on). I don't find the FG character sheet that lacking, but I like to see things written out in my own speshul way.

I use FG to play Dungeon Bash sometimes and for that game I just use HTML character sheets exported from e-Tools rather than inputting the characters into FG since the mortality rate is so high.

Thread Information