5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Everyday Heroes (5E)

I reorganized and relabeled sections of the 5E character sheet to work with Everyday Heroes.

Character creation automation doesn't work with this character sheet, you need to enter things by hand. Once things are entered into the character sheet, most of the 5E skill and combat automation will work. Ballistic, electrical and explosive damage types are in the table.

Since a lot of people have been talking on the discord about alternate races for space games, urban arcana and the like, I decided to rewrite it a bit to preserve the race field (I had been using for profession) and separate the archetype field (which I had included with class).

Note, to simulate wealth erase all the currencies in the campaign settings and replace with a single entry for Wealth and that is all the players will see. Be sure to do this before they connect and open a character sheet, or they will have the default D&D currencies.

edh_sheet_page1.png
    edh_sheet_page2.png
    edh_sheet_page4.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by esmdev; December 3rd, 2022 at 17:25.

I made some basic fixes and additional changes to the character sheet to be more consistent with labels (everything is now uppercase instead of some things upper and some things mixed).

The filename for the extension has also changed so be sure to delete the old one before you add the new one.

I considered using the Forge to distribute the extension, but it seems sort of like a lightweight extension for that.

There's a lot of talk about races and Urban Arcana type games on the EDH discord, so I figured I'd be more useful to restore the race field for people that need it.

Version 0.3

Rewrote the main page to restore the race field.
    Create two new fields for professions and archetypes.
    Changed organizations on notes to religion because it was using the deity field it just made more sense.

I also added some pictures to give an idea of what the changes look like.

Note, people using the older sheet will need to move their profession from race to the new profession field.

I should also mention that the NPC sheet works great for Everyday Heroes since they didn't change a lot other than AC -> DEF and adding roles.

npc_sheet.png
    combat_tracker.png

Just a note that the core rules for Everyday Heroes can now be gotten on drivethrurpg. Since it is a for sale item I cannot post the direct link but it's easy to find.

Great Job doing this. I was about to ask and start to make one for my group. If you need any assistance let me know would be glad to help build this.

Quote Originally Posted by tmandeville View Post
    Great Job doing this. I was about to ask and start to make one for my group. If you need any assistance let me know would be glad to help build this.
    Hi. It works well enough for my group, so I haven't really done much else with it. If you want to add/change/take over feel free.

EDIT: I did do a little alteration to the background section that mostly works but my players just fill in the character sheet so I stopped working on it. I got the ability score mods to work based on the various background entries and my next project was going to be reworking the skills section. Also, there is an entry for professions but that's all that there is on that. Oh, I also went through and cleaned it up a bit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by esmdev; December 20th, 2022 at 16:23.

Since profession is almost a clone of background (add wealth), I was going to clone the background system and reuse a lot of the code.

Also, the skill system should work as is if you rewrite the EDH entries as 5E entries.

5e Class, Background, Race, Feat interpreted strings (fantasygrounds.com)

Background Skills
    "Choose WWW from among " where WWW is the spelled out number between one and nine (one, two,etc), and the phrase is followed by a list of skills

"XXX, plus your choice of one from among " where XXX is a Skill followed by a list of skills

"XXX and one Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma skill of your choice, as appropriate to your faction" where XXX is a skill. You cannot select other stats or any other phrasing

For the single skill entries you'd probably have to do something like Choose one from among Athletics and Athletics (or something like that).

Seems pretty strait forward. I did something like this when i created our Esper Genesis mod and ext for our group to. This one just a little different with the 1-10 lvls instead of 1-20

Yeah, for the most part EDH is close enough to 5E that if players don't mind manually adding things to the character sheet it plays nicely with 5E.

Thread Information