STAR TREK 2d20

Why are target arrows so huge?

I remember when the arrows that show which actor you are targetting weren't so huge, is this a setting I can change somewhere?

No, the targeting arrows were too small and simple graphically before (in FGC). They were made larger with gradients to allow them to be more visible (in FGU). There are no customizations in the client currently.

Regards,
    JPG

I don't know man, this just looks rediculous to me. Is it the scale of my map image that effects it?

Capture2.JPG

What map is that? I see that it has room numbers on it which suggests that it's the DM map rather than a battlemap. I'm not able to reproduce such a huge arrow no matter what I set the grid to (it does look like the grid is fairly small in your screenshot).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Perhaps; we'd need a way to recreate your scenario locally (campaign folder, etc.). I'm not seeing arrows that big locally on my machine.

Regards,
    JPG

we have run into this exact problem on several occasions. What we have found works for us is to zoom into our preferred view level on the map, then re-drag the token from the combat tracker to their location on the map. This seemed to effectively reset the scale the arrows were drawn at. It seemed like somehow the scale got stuck somehow and wasnt adjusting based on zoom levels.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    A couple of weeks back on some custom maps we had some strangely sized arrows. Seemed to be dependent upon how the arrow was being show (pointer vs token range), but we could not reproduce it when trying. Will pay attention and see if it happens again and if we can identify the steps to reproduce.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I think it must be scale of the image. The map is from an old D&D module that I have converted from a PDF. What is the normal resolution of a battle map?

There isn't a normal resolution since it depends on the original resolution of the image. It is suggested that resolution be kept to less that about 4kx4k .jpg at somewhere less than 4Mb. Normal grid size would be 50px representing 5ft.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information