STAR TREK 2d20

Gifting Products?

Folks,

I'm pretty sure I know how to gift a license, as you can purchase one and then provide the code you receive to the gift recipient.

But how do you gift books and other products? (I'm thinking of the Black Friday sale and purchasing some Christmas presents!)

Also, is it possible to gift (or loan) a product that you own?

Thanks!

You can gift an entire purchase or gift individual items that you purchase. There is a time limit to how long you can wait before gifting but it is in days (I think maybe longer).

I recently gifted each of my players a dice pack. I purchased the individual item, then go to your Order History and there should be a Gift button next to the item. Click and it will ask for the persons User name. The next time that user logs into any game they will update and the item appears for them.

Once gifted you cannot take it back, so there is no way to 'loan' something to someone.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Buy the product and then go to your order history from the store drop down menu and then you'll see a gift button which you can use to gift the item. If you own an item you will see a gift button instead of a buy item when you look at the item in the store.

You can gift an item you own as above but only within about a week of purchase (the gift button won't be available in order history). You cannot load or sell an item you own to someone else.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Can you gift an item to someone who doesn't have an account yet? I'm thinking of gifting a license plus some items to the same person.

And that one-week limit doesn't work well for purchasing Christmas gifts during the Black Friday sale.

No, the person must have an account since you need to tell the store which account you are gifting the item to.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Of course, you could create an account for them - buy the item on the new account and then give them the new account's password at Christmas. Just pick a name they will like

I would like to see the ability to delay the sending of a gift until a certain date (such as a birthday or Christmas), so you can purchase during a sale and then have the gift at the right time.

Or provide a link or code to access the gift, and you can provide that at the appropriate gift time. But my guess is that the first option would be easier to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    I would like to see the ability to delay the sending of a gift until a certain date (such as a birthday or Christmas), so you can purchase during a sale and then have the gift at the right time.

Or provide a link or code to access the gift, and you can provide that at the appropriate gift time. But my guess is that the first option would be easier to implement.
    This would be a great option. In particular, for Black Friday purchases that I would like to gift for the Holidays.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Thread Information