5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Cloud FX blocking non-NPC token LoS

Using a CoreRPG-based ruleset, i was playtesting a map immersed in a Cloud FX and I had no LoS (all black) using a token not linked to a NPC. Once I dragged one of my characters' token from the CT, everything was back to normal. Is it a (known) bug?

Blog Entries
    Tokens dragged from anywhere but the CT are 'dumb'. They have no vision, hence your map, if lightning is enabled, will be black.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Lightning is not enabled, only LoS. I've always used this method to playtest maps before feeding them to the players... has something changed recently? Despite that, the vision works perfectly for everything except for that Cloud FX layer, once I disable it I regain LoS.

This may be due to the setting you have selected for Token: Fog of War in options. Try changing that to something other than what you have set it to. It seems that if you cycle through the options it 'fixes' the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This may be due to the setting you have selected for Token: Fog of War in options. Try changing that to something other than what you have set it to. It seems that if you cycle through the options it 'fixes' the issue.
    I tried this but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. The token still has LoS in non-Cloud covered area, but vision gets blocked by that FX.

In this first picture, a GM view of how the map looks like:

1.JPG

This is what the token sees:

2.JPG

EDIT: just for clarity, the door in front of the token is open.

I'm 100% sure that this did not happen in the past because that non-NPC token has been my standard playtesting method for years Also it shouldn't be something related to this specific map because I can reproduce the error on a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexos View Post
    Using a CoreRPG-based ruleset, i was playtesting a map immersed in a Cloud FX and I had no LoS (all black) using a token not linked to a NPC. Once I dragged one of my characters' token from the CT, everything was back to normal. Is it a (known) bug?
    Like LordEntrails said, all tokens (NPC or PC).have to be added to.the map from the Combat Tracker for lighting and LOS to work. As you said, when you dragged the token from the CT it work. This is standard FG and has been for years.

Unless I am misreading your post.

Blog Entries
    I believe this is currently bugged.

Blog Entries
    Can you screen shot that same part, but with the occluded we r/LOS shown? Are all the LOS segments on the same layer?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Can you screen shot that same part, but with the occluded we r/LOS shown? Are all the LOS segments on the same layer?
    Is this what you were asking for?

3.JPG

All the walls are on the same layer. If I deactivate the Cloud FX layer, the token instantly regains visibility inside that area. See below:

4.JPG

Blog Entries
    Yes, that is what I was looking for. All looks good and clean. Not that I should doubt Doug, but it sounds like it is bugged. Since Doug knows about it, I'm sure it's on their list to resolve.

Thread Information