Starfinder Playlist

GM - Manual Roll, no dice rolling?

Posting on my client account (avoid possible spoilers for players).

I have a dramatic scene coming up for my players and want to, add a little insult to injury so to speak. I have one character with a sentimental weapon (non-magic), and they are meeting the BBEG for a 'friendly meeting'. I want the BBEG to inspect the weapon and preform a strength check ('nat 20') and break the weapon, showing it was of poor quality, then provide the party with magic weapons... kind of a "you are so perthitic, here, have some help" moment.

When I turn on manual rolls to fudge the roll... no die actually rolls. Just the result is shown. Is there a way to have a die roll to keep the illusion?

(and there is a party member with the mending spell, so the weapon can be repaired... but still like that scene...)

In the Manual Roll box, there is a Fudge button.

This will roll, but will show the result as a 20. It will show a shadow die on the player side.

NOTE: If you have GM rolls shown, it the Fudge button does not come up, nor does it roll a shadow die, at least as far as I could tell.

Maybe there is an extension that does what you likely want; roll and show to the players the 20.

Thread Information