DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Bug Report: Vestigial Code in CoreRPG?

Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears to me as though there is some vestigial code in the CoreRPG ruleset.

As near as I can tell, three tables in scripts\manager_utility.lua are completely unused.

tEncodeBoolean { } in function encodeRollToOOB(...) at approximately line 363

tDecodeNumber { } in function decodeRollFromOOB( ) at approximately line 380
    tDecodeBoolean { } also in function decodeRollFromOOB( ) at approximately line 381

As always, Thanks for listening..
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

As my knowledge of programming is limited to deduction and testing, based on instincts... what would these fields do if they worked?

Nothing. They are never referenced for use, only defined. Probably left over from a previous iteration, or alternate implementation approach.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YAKO SOMEDAKY View Post
    As my knowledge of programming is limited to deduction and testing, based on instincts... what would these fields do if they worked?
    I’m not trying to be flip or demeaning in any way, but, I think that question doesn’t make sense in the current context. It’s the wrong question to ask.

A non programming example would be, say you buy a new house, and when you get ready to move in, in the middle of the living room is a clean, empty pail (a bucket). Just sitting there on the floor.

To ask the question, “what might that be used for, if I pick it up?” It’s just not sensical.

Thread Information